Russell Brand -- Working Girl

9/8/2008 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's alleged comedian Russell Brand at last night's VMAs (left) -- and Joan Cusack as a Staten Island secretary in the 1988 film "Working Girl" (right).
Russell Brand and Joan Cusack
One of them was pretty funny.

We're just sayin'!

V

omg this guy was canadian....wtf!!!!

Sheryl

Huge fan of Joan!!! Never heard of the other A**hole. If you ignore them they will go away. Just a thought :0)

Dani

I completely understand if you don't find Russell Brand's humour funny, everyone's entitled to their opinion and I must admit that I did think he might be the wrong choice to host a prime time awards show. But I don't see how people can say that he shouldn't comment on you president when, as many people have pointed out already, many Americans have said much, much worse about Bush and secondly, it is largely down to George Bush's impulsive behaviour that British forces are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan so I think a Brit is more than qualified to pass comment!

Word2UrMother

I took a crap in my toliet this morning, and it looked like R. Brand...
Im tired of all the new shows on TV having britsih hosts... I dont like em and can't undstand em. Them, along with the African "americans" should all go back to thier orginal countries.

Angry Democrat 'Sky Blu' from LMFAO attack GOP Romney on Purpose .

The is a plain ignorance of the term 'Fascism' (either intentionally or ignorance) brought to us by media, some celebrities, & lefists. The term Fascism came about with the rise of the Nazi Party defined as “The Nazi Party, officially: National Socialist German Workers’ Party, (German: Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (help·info), abbreviated NSDAP), was a political party in Germany between 1919 and 1945. ”
Generally the definition of Fascism is a tyrannical party forcing their will on the mass population coupled by a ‘bellergent nationalism’ . (present day examples of a ‘bellergent nationalism’ is goverment dictated ’sharia law’ as it is seen in the Middle East or the rise of the ‘Chavistas’ in Venezuela (the chavista are similiar to the ‘nazi youth’ in 1930s Germany))
Another aspect of ‘Fascism’ is the chronic ‘Lies’ that fascist party will use because ‘tell a Lie long enough, people will begin to believe it’.

Unfortunately , the 9-11 conspiracy lie has been taking a hold on some Hollywood Stars, some Media stars, political figures, & a growing amount of people.

In conclusion , my advice to Sean Penn, Jesse Ventura, Michael Moore, Michael Moore's student (madonna), MTV Host - Russel Brand, or Jeremiah Wright the next time you call someone a ‘Fascist’ take a good,hard Look in the Mirror

FlamingoNut

To the person/persons that thought this putz would be a good thing for the VMA's.
YOU SUCK. HE SUCKED YOU'RE FIRED.

I wish it were that simple...

shortee

OMG! This guy was ---- well he sucked as a host and comedian -- couldn't they find any one else... It was bone crushing to listen to him

Idolwatcher

Russell Brand is one of the funniest people on the planet. He has more imaginative artistic ability than most people can handle. I wasn't thrilled with the show lastnight but I never am. I only watched this year because of Russell hosting. Pink was amazing. Christina was amazing (please don't try and hide your new womanly body), and Rhianna is a machine. If you haven't got Russell, look him up on youtube, he was hilarious on Kimmell and Leno last week (as always) or see Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Dana

What!!? He's an idiot. Give me a break. They should have pulled the plug on him the second he went on and on about his political agenda. Go home. Mtv sucks. I'm done with them. I miss the video days.

Doh!

That guy is a douchebag,,,

actually a douchebag has a purpose...

Dave the pig

THIS GUY LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS A PUZZY TRANSPLANT!

JERK OFF STAND THERE AND TRY TO BE FUNNY, THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE PAID
TO DO, LEAVE YOUR TWISTED POLITICS OUT OF ENTERTAINMENT AND LAY OFF
THE HAIRSPRAY. YOU ARE SO EFFING 80'S IT'S PATHETIC!!!!

THANK GOODNESS, AT 35, I AM OVER THE MTV PHASE. THEY LOST ME WHEN
THEY LOST THE VIDEOS!!! MTV SUCKS!!!

MelGibson

This guy is a big mouth punk that looks like he smells and has full blown aids, the only thing funny about him is thinging what it must look like when ( if ever ) he trys to comb his hair - birds nest - do do- whatever, he needs to go back to the UK before he gets his ass kicked big time and after last night at the VMAs his new name shoud be Bomb James Bomb.

blu

Amen to #30's comment!

Brand is a SIDESHOW FREAK!

Brand is a worthless piece of dirt. His jokes werent even funny and he made Americans look bad. That Canadian who commented below by saying "p.s i knew then a bunch of u freaks would take offense to this" is just as big of a loser as Brand is. How would you like an American coming over to Canada and saying what a piece of crap country Canada really is. MTV lost tons of viewers with that humorless nonesense. I feel horrible for the Jonas Brothers as well. Maybe Russell Brand is just bitter because those kids have girls lining up to date them, while nobody will take a second glance at him. What a joke. Brand=Loser!

boredatwork

What an insult to Joan Cusack! Oh yeah & I just love it when people from OTHER COUNTRIES tell us who to vote for. I watched a total of 12 minutes of the VMA's which was whatever after Britney too long! Cuz he was not funny & looked like he was about to jump out of his skin. & he's fat & his hair is fug.