Another Homeboy Tries to Save Homeless Ed

9/9/2008 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ed "Broker than a Joker" McMahon might not be homeless after all -- despite the fact that he owes cash to just about everyone on the planet.

A guy named Robert Lee (not the Civil War dude) is the newest person claiming to be Ed's knight in shining armor. Lee runs a company looking to buy out the current loan on McMahon's Beverly Hills mansion from Countrywide Financial. Lee says he will then offer Ed a new payment plan, thus preventing a foreclosure and a consequential eviction. Lee already saved boxing champ turned broke-ass chump Evander Holyfield from a similar predicament.

The catch -- Countrywide wants to auction off Ed's place next month, and they haven't accepted Lee's offer yet. So the race for Ed's place is on like Donkey Kong hittin' the bong!

Stay tuned ...

stan

Must be nice. I am homeless becuae of hurricane gustav. I was in a FEMA cottage while my home was being worked on. Well a flood came and ruined the cottage. I am not impressed with our goverment. FEMA will not help me and MEMA won't. I guess if I was a cash poor celeb Donald Trump would help me. I am just a nobody and nobody cares!

Boulder Ballz

I bet old Eddie there sleeps and dreams at night that an old guy would show up at his door one morning , with a 8 foot cardboard check, 4 strangers a camera guy saying '' your the new clearing house 20,000,000, dollar winner!!''then wakes up in a sweat saying ''hun i just had a nightmare!''

Jesus Christall

Like harvey couldn't rent out a room in his mansion to the old dude, maybe his gardener's shack.

Dyan

Money is all relative. The man broke his neck & couldn't work for almost 2 years. The same with most of the rest of us, if we can't work, we have no way to make our mortgage. Trump had good intentions, put in an offer on the home & was outbid .Ed is an icon in American television & if I could help, I would & I applaude anyone who even tries. "A dirt nap"? Am I the only one here with any compasion?

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

#4.......You're right !!!!!!!!!!!

I feel these celebrities are rich , they can afford , financially advisors , etcccc
They've whatever they want , in those years did he once , think about others
and charities to help homeless , etccc .

he could of lived in one home , paid if off in full , keep up on the property tax ,
insurance , have a few employees keep up maintence .

Live life to the fullest . Celebrities doesn't think about long term , only right now ,
how they spend "millionssssssssssss of dollars " on nonsense things .

CELEBRITIES ONLY THINK OF MATERALISTIC THINGS .

They make more money than you or me , in our life times , there problem is
they want to keep up with the "billionaires " making $10 billion or more .

Also keeping up with the "joneses" everyone has to have 100 cars , homesssss ,
etcccc .........This is there own fault , no one but there own .

THEY MISMANAGE THERE MONEY , SO THEN THEY WANT SOMEONE
TO BAIL THEM OUT . THEY ONCE DIDN'T THINK ABOUT LONG TERM ,
HEALTH CARE , PAY OFF THERE HOMES OR ANYTHING ELSE THEY BUY.

AGAIN I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR THEM ..............NONE .........

IF we've to manage and stay on a budget , then they can do the very same thing .

Many of your hip hop , rappers ,etc , they've to buy there bling , but once they're
broke , they cry to everyone .

They spend bling " $300,000 or more an item , well darn you can buy a home for that
much . There's celeb in my area , he spends more bling on one item , for $400,000
and several others for hundreds of dollars ............he's not worried about himself , he has
to keep up with Joneses , which I think that's stupid .

NONE OF THESE CELEBRITIES ARE HAPPY .........BECAUSE MONEY DOESN'T MAKE
YOU HAPPY ............THAT'S JUST A FACT..........LEARN IT , LIVE IT , BREATH IT ...........

THEY'RE OVERPAID , OVERRATED , NONE OF THEM WORTH THE MONEY
THE FANS ARE THE ONES WHO'S STUPID ENOUGH TO MAKE THESE MISMANAGE
CELEBS RICH .

HEY , I CAN'T HELP IT'S THE TRUTH ..............GUESS THE TRUTH HURTS , BUT IT'S TRUE .

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

#15..........YOU'RE RIGHT , FEMA DOESNT CARE ABOUT ANYONE ,

I AM VERY SORRY YOU ARE HOMELESS , 80 % OF MIDDLE CLASS ARE HOMELESS
MANY ARE STRUGGLING TO KEEP A JOB , AND IM SPEAKING DAILY . I KNOW PEOPLE
WHO WORKED HARD ALL THERE LIVES ( EVEN AS A TEENAGERS ) NONE OF THESE
PEOPLE IM SPEAKING ABOUT ARE BY NO MEANS , LAZY , THEY'RE THE ONES WHO
WORKED 12 HRS A DAY , 7 DAYS AWEEK BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THERE JOB WAS .

KNOW THEY'RE HAVING A HARD TIME , MANY DOESN'T HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE
SOME DOESNT HAVE A HOME , EACH ONE HAS A DIFFERENT SITUATION .
IM JUST EXPLAINING , HOW HARD IT IS THESE DAYS , AND THE GOVERNMENT SAYS
"OH WE CARE , BUT THEY'RE LYING " .

I KNOW SOME WHO HAD TO MOVE OUT OF THERE STATE INTO OTHER STATES , OR
MOVE TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY JUST TO WORK . THERE JOB , CLOSED DOWN ,
AND INTERUPTED EVERY EMPLOYEES . BECAUSE COMPANIES ARE MOVING TO FOREIGN
COUNTRIES , GIVING AWAY , AMERICAN JOBS .

THE TRUTH IS , YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED SECOND CLASS CITIZEN , BECAUSE THE FOREIGNERS
ARE TAKING OVER , ITS TRUE . COMPANIES SOLD AMERICANS OUT , WHICH I CALL THEM TRAITORS.

SO I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO NOT HAVE A HOME AND STRUGGLING .........

AND THEN CELEBRITIES WANT SOMEONE BAIL THEM OUT , WHEN THEY HAD MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
FOR YEARSSSSS .........I DONT THINK THEY NEED BAILED OUT ........GET THEM A JOB JUST LIKE
EVERYONE ELSE .............

SO $15.......I REALLY HOPE EVERYTHING GOES OK WITH YOU ....PRAY AND KEEP LOOKING FOR JOBS
AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN ,,,,,,,,,THAT'S ALL ANYONE CAN DO .

MORAL OF THIS STORY IS ......SAVE YOUR MONEY , LIVE WITH IN YOUR MEANS , PAY EVERYTHING IN CASH ,

FOR THOSE WHO HAS MONEY , INVEST IN ROTH IRA , EMERGERCY MONEY 12 MONTHS , DONT TAKE NO
MONEY OUT OF YOUR 401K , AND WATCH NIGHTLY "CNBC " WITH CARMEN .........

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO APOLOGIZE FOR "CAP" , BUT IT'S EASIER TO TYPE .

capt

Wwwwwhere's Johhhhhhhnny?!

Karen

Does anyone feel sorry for Ed??? I sure don't! he made his bed, let me lie in it!

GypsyLaura

To all the wealthy...Pay Cash!

Illinois person

It seems it's now "heeeer's Ed". Is he really enjoying all of the attention or what? I've never seen so much written about one's house. If you can't make the payments - then move out! Frankly, I doubt Mr. Ed is as destitute as TZM wants everyone to believe. Who's taking care of the monthly utilities, insurance and all of the expenses that go along w/living in a mansion?
I just saw Ed donate his time to Jerry Lewis while Lewis was bragging about jetting off to down under. What kind of friendship is that? You would think Lewis would have turned the offer down saying "sorry, I have a friend in my own back yard who needs me more". Not that Ed's problem is Lewis' - because it's not nor is it The Donald's problem. It really proves Hollywood is a phony as ever - your so-called friends are there when you're hot and long gone when you're not. It's time to man-up Ed, if you can't pay the bills either tell your wife to go to work or downsize to an apartment. A roof is a roof is a roof.

Sloane

saw Ed looking pretty healthy on the Jerry Lewis MD telethon

maybe if he shows the bank a few contracts for commercial work/radio voice work-which he does since his voice is so recognizable-the bank will delay a bit until the cash comes in and he can catch up, then sell the place and have enough profit hopefully to buy a reasonable place like the rest of us live in

wonder how much he owes on the home?
did he ever have any children-can't he go and live with one of them for a while
or if he has kids maybe was he not the best father to them so that they don't care?

if he's too embarrassed to go & stay with other family-his or his wife's
I would think that this is even more embarrassing to have the world see how he mismanaged his life so badly

makes a sad but good example for all of us to live within our means
you never know what might happen to any of us just a short while down the road

Arsenic 91

Semper Fi Ed!!!!!

Stay frosty!!!!

Barb

Ed needs to move on. This house is way too big and expensive for him. Shame on Ed for filing these law suits trying to collect millions of dollars. Ed has NO class, and nobody feels sorry for him. He needs to fade with grace.

Abby

"80 % OF MIDDLE CLASS ARE HOMELESS"

would love to know where you get your statistics

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

#27 ....THAT'S FOR THE CORRECTION .....80% MIDDLE CLASS ARE IN DEBT .....OMIT HOMELESS .

IT'S ALL SAD............THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO'S HOMELESS , BECAUSE OF MORTGAGE CRISIS

IT WAS ON THE NEWS ( VIDEO ) PEOPLE IN CALIFORNIA LIVING IN THERE CARS .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments