How the Kanye Arrest

Went Down

9/11/2008 1:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Erik, our cameraman, is on his way back to our offices now, after being interviewed by LAX Police. Here's what happened that led to Kanye West's vandalism arrest at LAX.

Erik says he was at Terminal 4 (American Airlines) when he noticed a still photog taking several pictures of Kanye West. Erik says West rushed the photog and grabbed his camera. A struggle ensued and the still guy was screaming, "Police, help!" Erik says Kanye then took the still camera and threw it on the ground, breaking it into pieces. (Click here to see the video)

Erik then went over to Kanye, his camera rolling, when Kanye's bodyguard walked up to him, realized Erik was taping, and said, "Give me the camera, give me the camera." Erik responded that he had a press pass and had a right to shoot. The assistant then grabbed the camera, ripped off the mic and viewfinder and smashed it to the ground.

Erik says Kanye then tried to leave to board his plane, but cops stopped him before he got to security. The cops then interviewed Erik, the still photog, Kanye and his assistant.

This is where it gets crazy. The cops asked Erik if he videotaped the incident and Erik said he had. That's when Kanye lunged toward him and said, "Give me the fu***ng videotape." Cops had to restrain Kanye as he tried coming at Erik.

The videotape is on its way back to our offices. We will post shortly.

charlene

You suck!!!! The guy lost his mother recently and the paps are out of control. You taunt celebs and force them to react and than you sell the tape or the pics or whatever the hell you do. Low lifes. Love you Kanye. F... the paps.

Gypsy

Why is Kanye so angry today? Did he just realize this morning he didn't win a VMA?

theroyalgs

THREE CHEERS FOR KANYE!!!

Muffy

what a ugly ass dirt bag! i hope he does time...he's such an a-hole

TMZ FAN

I can't wait to see what Kanye does next!!?? He thinks he's all that and a bag of chips .. *snap

daisy

....man I would be annoyed if paps were always taking pictures of my every move...i don't blame him... i know it comes with the territory but damn these days paps go over board.

Ramond

here we go again ...I"m sure he will argue the "just another reason to kick us brotha's down syndrome" ...who is the SHUKA JIVERZ NOW? DONT BE SHAMING ME FOOL. I CAN DIG IT ...CHUMP!!! SOUNDS LIKE A DAMNNNN MONSTER MOVIE!!!!

charlotte

I wonder if Kanye was angry enough to break his MacBook Air.

How about no?

TMZ you guys made my day!

I love how people are defending Kanye and hating on the paparazzi's but THEY'RE ON HERE getting the scoop!!!

Hello!!

Haahaahaa!!

TMZ FAN

Kanye needs to GO AWAY !!!! .... I'm tired of him ..

TMZ FAN

PPPFFTTTTTT to Kanye ..

Ramond

"CANT TRUSS IT"

suze

Gee, another N shows his class. I wouldn't put his ass or any other rappers' ass out if it was on fire. Whatever happened to real music and real people?

jessica

stupid ignorant fu*ker! If a regular person did that we would be soooo fu*ked! He will get a slap on the wrist.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

When one of you tabloid stalkers catches a bad beat down or worse, maybe you'll learn to respect celebrities' "right to be left alone." They DO need to escalate.