How the Kanye Arrest

Went Down

9/11/2008 1:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Erik, our cameraman, is on his way back to our offices now, after being interviewed by LAX Police. Here's what happened that led to Kanye West's vandalism arrest at LAX.

Erik says he was at Terminal 4 (American Airlines) when he noticed a still photog taking several pictures of Kanye West. Erik says West rushed the photog and grabbed his camera. A struggle ensued and the still guy was screaming, "Police, help!" Erik says Kanye then took the still camera and threw it on the ground, breaking it into pieces. (Click here to see the video)

Erik then went over to Kanye, his camera rolling, when Kanye's bodyguard walked up to him, realized Erik was taping, and said, "Give me the camera, give me the camera." Erik responded that he had a press pass and had a right to shoot. The assistant then grabbed the camera, ripped off the mic and viewfinder and smashed it to the ground.

Erik says Kanye then tried to leave to board his plane, but cops stopped him before he got to security. The cops then interviewed Erik, the still photog, Kanye and his assistant.

This is where it gets crazy. The cops asked Erik if he videotaped the incident and Erik said he had. That's when Kanye lunged toward him and said, "Give me the fu***ng videotape." Cops had to restrain Kanye as he tried coming at Erik.

The videotape is on its way back to our offices. We will post shortly.

ct

well I guess the first thing hell say is he was arrested because he is black.. It never fails.. and it gets old ..

smart person

Oh Kanye I can't wait to hear you cry racism and how the whole world is out to get you. If I were the photog i would sue his ass back to the south side.

JR

Glad his mom isn't around to produce any more Kanyes. You can put lipstick on a pig...

cnd

When are we going to realize tmz is the probelm. They make it out as if they are the victim "Oh, Kanye took our camera and broke it!" Well may be if you weren't following him around the airport flashing bright lights in his face he wouldn't have. I mean, what would you do? I think we should take pictures of the people at tmz and chase them with our cars alll day and see how happy they are then.

Tim Dee

Oh good now we get to see Harvey squeal on TMZ at the expense of a guy who works his butt off and shows respect to everyone as far as I can tell most of the time. You guys are LOW RENT.

cjsmith

THIS IS WHAT IS GOING ON WITH OUR YOUTH THEY LOOK UP TO THESE PEOPLE AND THEY ACT LIKE THIS AND THE YOUTH THINKS IT OKAY TO ACT LIKE THIS. I HOPE THEY ALL GET WHATS COMING TO THEM.

Workinaway

Sooo, let me see, you wanne be famous but you're a loser so you constantly attack the people (not just paps but fans as well) who are making you famous....what a real genius!

lawandorder

Hope he gets some jail time when his bodyguards are not around. I'm sure someone will want a piece of his diva ass.

mkkieie

He is such a LOSER!!!

Barbara Ann

He is a cry baby little bitch and should be BITCH SLAPPED, sent to his room and told NOT TO COME OUT UNTIL HE HAS SOME SENSE!...

"I shoulda won the grammy, my video was the best, it was everybody else's fault I took the stage late..." blah blah blah
F--K You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner Girl

He is the biggest jacka$$ i have ever seen! I hope they throw the book at him! He is so full of himself and thinks he is so above the law it's not even funny! All this man does and bi%tch and moan bout something. I'm sorry when you choose a profession where you are in the spotlight and famous the papparazzi comes along with it. I do not feel any sympathy for any of these celebrities who have to deal with the papparazzi.. I feel that if your in your own home on your property then yes they should be left alone, but as soon as you step out of your multi million dollar mansions onto public property then it's a free for all for whoever wants to take your picture. I'm so sick of these celebrites bit%hing and whining about this type of crap. Cry me a frickin river with your millions and millions of dollars. DEAL WITH IT, YOU CHOSE IT!!!!

cnd

To everyone who is saying celebs should just not be famous or stay home if they don't want their pic taken:
It really sucks that we are now to the point as a nation that if you love to sing, or act, or rap and you want to make it your career you have to become a prisoner inside your own home. I'm not saying that there should be no pictures of celebs, but there is a time and place for everything. Come on, enough is enough! Do you want me to come over to LAX next time you're coming in from a redeye flight and flash lights in your face and ask you questions that may or may not be appropriate like how are you taking losing your mother or did you want to flip out at the VMA's when you didn't when. If you don't want it done to you don't do it to other people.

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

First, I hate paps and their intrusive, stalking. However, there are ways of handling them and Kanye, as always, did not handle himself with dignity and he also was ineffective and just plain stupid. Kayne is nothing but a numbskull thug with some money, nothing more.

PS. To all the celebs tired of paps invading their privacy, PEPPER SPRAY is the way to go.

ftmz

LEAVE KANYE ALONE!!

YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO LIFES AND DESERVE TO BE IN JAIL FOR STALKING AND TAUNTING..

TMZ IS FULL OF LOSERS AND PEOPLE WHO DO MATTER HATE YOU GUYS ANYWAYS.

FREE KANYE !!

Rachel

Unbelievable that this filth even has it's own TV show now. They talk about stars in a nasty, mean way. They shout repulsive things at them while chasing them like dogs chasing a car. These *cough cough* people should only hope one day when they're family members are sick, having a bad day or just need peace and quiet.....someone with more class leaves them alone. One can only suppose the people that run this crap didnt have enough experience to become REAL photographers. Even child molesters own cameras.