Kanye Attack

Caught on Tape

9/11/2008 2:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just got the video of Kanye West grabbing a still photog's camera at LAX this morning.

Click to watch
You see Kanye (in a gray hooded sweatshirt) and his bodyguard/road manager (in the red) grabbing the camera away from the photog. It appears the bodyguard, Don Crowley, gets the camera and Kanye gets the lighting component. Crowley smashes the camera to the ground and Kanye does the same with the light.

Erik, our camera guy, then comes closer and the bodyguard then comes up and wrestles his camera away, ultimately breaking it.

As we first reported, both Kanye and his bodyguard were arrested for vandalism. They're both being held on $20,000 bail.

Lee

People like to see there heros. When a celeb. gets nasty and does not want to sign aotographs, thats rude DUDES Breaks down my confents in celebs and my heros.

DM

Kanye West just does not care about phoyo people!

RstOne

DUDE!!! i love Kanye!!! I would of done the same .. heck i would of broken his camara and his legs so the PAPS learn not to follow me around ..hahhahhahah : )!!!

- Gangsta
RSTone!

Scorpioc

Kanye got a battery charge? In that case the paps should get a stalking charge.

Free Kanye!!!

cdg0820@hotmail.com

You Idiots are saying the paps deserved it..But why are u on TMZ checkin out the scoop?? Who do u think the paps work for?
When celebs are out in public they should expect to be photographed..they gave up their privacy for the million dollar pay checks !

mom

While I don't agree with the way he handled it, I wonder just how much STALKING one should put up with. I am as much of a 'celeb' junkie as the next guy on this site. But I wonder what the big deal is with pics of 'celebs' at the airport, coming out of a restaurant, getting in a car, taking out their trash, walking their dog, doing their shopping, exercising, getting a mani/pedi etc.... If there isn't a story behind the picture----why take the need for the pic? I want some good dirt, not random pics of 'celebs scooping dog poop.

jstar08

kanye is dope..
i have his back on this one..
the paparazis r lame alwayz up on that kool-aid
hey they desereve it right??
GO KANYE :)

Juan

Rap sheet, Rap sh*t, nose in-a snitch.
If ya don't get shot-at, the Law stay your Bitch.

Royal

TMZ photogs deserve to be beaten up, always in everyones face trying to make money thru harassment of people. Too bad he didn't smash his face instead of his camera.

orionsbow

getsomenutstmz: "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along?" were the infamous words uttered by Rodney King on the third day of the 1992 LA riots just before the governor ordered 4000 National Guard troops into the area to quell the violence which began the evening after several police officers were aquitted of allegedly beating King after a traffic stop. you should remember this because fifty-three lives were lost, many of them murdered, with as many as 2,000 people injured. Estimates of the material damage done vary between about $800 million and $1 billion. Approximately 3,600 fires were set, destroying 1,100 buildings, with fire calls coming once every minute at some points. Over 10,000 people were arrested. All, basically, due to the uncivilized and barbaric behavior of scores of thugish ghetto rats, just like Rodney King, who see any opportunity to take the local police to task as an excuse to burn down their own neighborhoods.

baggi

I don't really know Kayne very well. The most I know is that he said the president hates blacks. What an off the cuff remark that was. He doesn't hate MOST blacks, but he doesn't like ALL white people, either. He should not have said that during a special occasion where he was asked to co-host a spot on TV. Take an ad out in the paper, just like normal US citizens can.

Then the next thing is the horrific story of his mother passing away due to the irresponsibility of a BLACK plastic surgeon. I think Kayne, you have the right to say something about HIM on TV. You could say all black plastic surgeons are bad doctors. Or, you can just call him out. There are good & bad in ALL races.

Do we ALL have to pull a race card out from now on????

Scorpioc

I keep seeing these comments about kanye being 'ghetto' his mother was a professor or doctor or something and he lived in chicago. i bet if this was about the jonas brothers all you haters would be crying.

Juan

RAP SHEET, RAP SH*T, NOSE IN A SNITCH.
IF YA DON"T GET SHOT AT, THE LAW STAY YOUR BITCH.

baggi

oops, I think I spelled that wrong. Sorry Kanye.

:o)

mom

Ps. to post 383) I don't know anything about this guy, other than his name is mentioned in the rags alot, so this isn't about him. But I have decided I am going to cut the apron strings with ALL of the gossip mags and rags. This STALKERAZZI business has gotten way out of hand. I would hate to see something happen to a celeb and know that by choosing to read the rags and mags, I contributed to a situation gone bad. And folks, unfortunately, ya know it's just a matter of time before it happens........ It used to be entertaining, now it's just disturbing.

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments