Kanye Attack

Caught on Tape

9/11/2008 2:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just got the video of Kanye West grabbing a still photog's camera at LAX this morning.

Click to watch
You see Kanye (in a gray hooded sweatshirt) and his bodyguard/road manager (in the red) grabbing the camera away from the photog. It appears the bodyguard, Don Crowley, gets the camera and Kanye gets the lighting component. Crowley smashes the camera to the ground and Kanye does the same with the light.

Erik, our camera guy, then comes closer and the bodyguard then comes up and wrestles his camera away, ultimately breaking it.

As we first reported, both Kanye and his bodyguard were arrested for vandalism. They're both being held on $20,000 bail.

Lpz

I'm sorry but I find it funny because the TMZ guy wasn't doing much but just standing there trying to grab his flash and everybody in the news was playing this video even the spanish channels ....some funny ishh.....lol....but it was wrong for Kanye acting that way I understand he was pissed off still he shouldn't had done it....as for the people who had left bad comments about Kanye...give him an effin break he lost his mom probably not over it and who knows maybe yesterday he had a bad day that made him react like that

zawadi

Kanye and his bodyguard need to slap the camera man next time and Film it for TMZ!!!

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

Arrested? They shoulda been given a medal and elected mayor and police chief of the city. Save the camera,beat down the stalkerazzi.

Sin D

He got MAD because he CAN"T SING and is THE MOST OVERRATED UNTALENTED PERSON IN THE BIZ!!!!!

Kara B

This man has no talent. Why do record companies INSIST on paying criminals to make horrible music??

Pearl823

It is a shame that the American public is so fascinated by celebrities that a person can get paid to harass entertainers and invade their personal lives. If these "photographers" would limit their coverage to the celebrities' work (i.e. music, movies, performances, etc.), and stay out of their personal lives, then celebrities would probably not feel the need to respond in this way. Additionally, they might be more open to sharing their personal lives in a less invasive setting. I would like to see how the "photographers" in question would react if they were in Mr. West's shoes. Quite frankly, I feel that these photographers do this type of "work" because they have no real photographic talent. I say the charges against Mr. West should be dropped as he was being harassed. Also, why don't these "photographers" spend their time covering real news like the War in Iraq, the genecide in Darfur, the presidential elections, the impact of the recession on the lives of most Americans....if they are interested in the human condition, there are plenty more thought provoking issues than Kanye West boarding a plan at LAX.

A not so new Idea!

how about celebrities learning to accept their role,,,you wanna be a star, you are gonna get hounded. Its how you make your money,,,it certainly isnt about talent, or brains, or even looks anymore, the media makes them, they should be more appreciative to the media who has made them their money. Many people work really hard to make even a fraction of a percent of what they do in a year. So here is my advise. Get a real job, get a real life, and see how easy it would be all of a sudden to behave and say thank you when someone takes your picture. CELEBRITIES, SPORTS FIGURES, ICONS AND POLITICIANS are beginning to behave like spoilied royalty. PUT EM ALL DOWN! PROSECUTE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW!

vane1love

This situation sucks, I think Kanye is stress-out and he needs some time off. The paparazzi need to understand that it’s fu_ _ _ g hard to be followed all day everyday everywhere you go. It’s not about being a star is about being a person. I can’t imagine being watch-over all day “NO PRIVACY AT ALL” that would drive me crazy. I understand why Kanye and Britney flip-out at the paparazzi. It’s getting crazy, that’s why I stopped buying gossip magazines and I access this web pages less and less, that’s the only way for me to help stop the harassment.

Nikki

i dont blame Kanye for grabbing the cameras. The papparazzi are annoying ignorant people who think they are justified prying into others lives. If it was the other way around Im sure one of them would be the ones grabbing the cameras. I think its crazy that he was even arrested. If anything he should be applauded lol.

Kahuna

Kanye west is a pompous ass who needs to be smacked down!

N.J.Bob

Kayne wants to be a star,this comes with the territory. If we all stop buying his dvds,he can go back to being a street thug;only without any money-then he won't get his picture taken except in mug shots. GROW up little boy ,lifes a bitch with no money

Tiffany

ANYONE WHO AGREES WITH THIS LOSER IS JUST AS PATHETIC AS HE IS.....HE IS A DISGRACE. WITH HIS FAME FOR RAPPING, COMES THE CAMERAS AND STUPID QUESTIONS. HE DON'T WANT IT, BUY HIS OWN JET. BETTER YET, BUY HIS OWN ISLAND WHERE HE BELONGS. HE WAS WRONG AND SHOULD PAY. SO CLOSE TO 9/11...HE LUCKY HE DIDN'T GET SHOT.

DerrickA***

As a professional broadcast producer for a top market tv station I feel that you should never get to close when "getting the story" That's why we have 24X power zoom lenses that cost over $8000 dollars and get the shot, thus keeping the camera at a distance. If you put a camera in my face, I'm going to possibly react the same way as he did. And for the wipper snapper TMZ camera operator...next time get away. At all cost protect station property.

christine

yay i waz waitin for someone 2 do tat 2 da pops yay! who cares i still luv kanye!

Harry

Kanye West is an egotistical, semi-talented, air headed blowhard. To justify his actions because of the 'paps' can be terrible is stupid. That mindset skips the law and OKs law breaking & overreaction, since who is the standard to judge when to attack a 'pap'? Each person does what's right in their own eyes. 'CON-ye Pest' is a thug, brat & shows a part of the too common thug mentality in the rap & hip hop world. It's far from what rap & hip hop was in the early days & I wish it got back to a sane world within rap & hip hop. I keep seeing the 'artists' shooting, and so much crap, it is beyond what even the rock scene was in the 1980s. They didn't have drive by shootings, and the other murders & level of crime we have now. Hardly anyone seems to say enough is enough & if they want to act & be criminal;s, thugs, etc., then we will not support them. I have heard better rap/hip hop than West passes off on his CDs, and he needs to deflate his ego & attitude.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments