Celeb Dropouts

9/17/2008 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It doesn't take a genius to make it big in Hollywood. Judging by the following group of high school dropouts and GED alumni, it wasn't cool to stay in school.
Dropouts - click to launch

billyboyhere

I read for years that Cosby held some indoor track and field record in a College event held in Carbondale Il, when he was competing at the College level, for what I thought was Temple University. So even if he did drop out I still believe the man attended College.

Liz

This is really sad! If they were not entertainers they would be making minimum wage flipping burgers.

DeeDee

Bill Cosby, to my knowledge, has a doctorate degree in education.

Yeddy-Bo

Baylor?... I thought he was a Temple alumni! either way this guy "SUCKS"
Just saying..........

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Steven Spielburg wakes up every morning happy he doen't have to go to school. Public Education is the biggest failure facing us today. With so few TEACHERS having the heart of a TRUE TEACHER, only doing their time and cashing their paychecks. To this day, i had only ONE teacher who could inspire me the rest bored and boring.

Actually had one a**HOLE who told me i didn't need to learn math because i'd would just get married and retire.

S

Add Tom Cruise to the list....

Which is why people never really are interested in hearing what Hollywood has to say on any issues. Because we all know they don't have the education or experience to draw any logical conclusions about issues.

Sandra

#1, only posts racists comments, she has a problem, GET HELP!

phd

True...Bill Cosby dropped out and joined the Navy....But, he went on to complete his BA from Temple and his doctorate in Education from UMASS.....TMZ...who's doing the fact-checking?....they must have the competence level of 3rd graders!!!!!

Sandra

ok, sorry, i though #1 meant bill cosby only, sorry

Tracy

I don't know where else Mr. Cosby has gone to school but I know that he attended and graduated from University of Massachusetts in Amherst! So it just goes to show people that if you have a GED you can still attend college and make a future for yourself!!!!!!

Baseball Junkie

Several of the other younger celebs like Britney and Lindsay had tutors on the set and were required to spend a minimum number of hours daily with them. Does it count as dropping out if you get a GED? I don't think so.

Go Sox

Danit

I LOVE TMZ - HOWEVER: according to Bill Cosby's bio - "After tenth grade, Cosby joined the Navy and completed high school through a correspondence course. He later took up an athletics scholarship at Temple University, " - hes quite an educated educator - so dont classify him as a "drop out"!

ur mom

Per Wikipedia.org:

Bill Cosby is an active alumni supporter of his alma mater, Temple University, and in particular their men's basketball team, whose games Cosby frequently attends (particularly during the team's glory days under coach John Chaney, who is a close friend of Cosby).

Might wanna do your homework before posting TMZ....Just sayin'

marissa m

damnit TMZ.... this bothers me. I have my GED and I don't consider myself stupid, or even less than someone who graduated. Considering that getting my GED, I was immediately accepted to a UNIVERSITY where I continue to do fine without two years of high school. People get their GEDs for different reasons and give credit for those who arent dropping out due to stupidity. I understand making fun of a high school dropout though. Someone who cant even take that extra time their not in school to pursue a GED is plain ridiculous LOL

Fergie

Bill Cosby received his doctorate in Education from the University of Massachussetts

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments