Ryan O'Neal Busted in Meth Mess

9/17/2008 2:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is no father/son bonding activity quite like being busted together for methamphetamine.
Ryan O'Neal and son Redmond were booked on suspicion of narcotics possession this morning.

Ryan O'Neal: Click to watchAuthorities said they were doing a probation search at the family's Malibu home when they found Redmond O'Neal in possession of methamphetamine and a vial of the drug was allegedly found in Ryan's bedroom.

The father/son are being held on $10,000 bail.

Celeb Mugs - click to launch

reality is my business

I thought that any product of Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett would be
gorgeous - was I ever wrong! Just goes to show you that two good
looking people don't necessarily have good looking children.

MacDaddy

Familys that party together DIE together !

Sally

#17 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ned, I too, am truly shocked.

Black Teef

Chip off the old 8 ball.

DJW

The one I feel sorry for in this is Farrah. She has stood by both of the joksters. Ryan with his hot hot temper and Redmond with the drug problems and rehab. I think both other kids are into all sorts of problems including drugs/ alcohol. I wonder if daddy was drugging with Tatem when they were making the movie Paper Moon? Wouldn't dought it. What a role modle this adult over the hill nothing is. And to think I adored him in Love Storey. Ewwww, gross.

sjw

TOTALLY agree with #12.

Michael

I guess the O'Neal family can have a group home for their therapy....Aunt Tatum can join forces and they can get a group rate. As for the idiot who said "she" wanted to party with them, I have $2 for her and she can party with anyone she wants. What a fool, even if it is true, to say such stupid things. What a shame.....

joeb

Ryans an addict, this son and his other son and his daughter.....Good job raising your kids azz!!!

MommaKat52

Such a sweet, caring man Ryan USED TO BE, so now he shares the love with his son. His daughter Tatum got popped in New York last night! These are the "actors" our children love to watch and want to be like. Is acting so stressful that the ONLY way they can get through a day of filming is by doing crack, meth, coke or God knows what?

Those of us not in the acting business have stess in our lives and work our butts off every day, not making anywhere near the money these freaks do! Daniel Baldwin goes to Celebrity Rehab and becomes a leader and example of what rehab is all about, only to fall off the wagon and "crack out" again. And as much as I used to adore his brother Alec, after hearing the message he left for his beautiful daughter, he needs to be tied to a chair and have to listen to that message over and over and over again until he hopefully "gets it". Alec, you broke my heart!

Makes me to not ever want to go to another movie or buy a DVD and spend my hard-earned money watching these fools!

Lock them up and throw the keys away...who needs them wandering our streets?

Lynne

Redmond looks like a little weasel.

cleopatra

whatever happened to good ole american juistice system? ryan is already judged as being guilty before investigation. that is so unfair, sad and tragic. the rest is self explanatory. keep faith ryan! you still have friends out here.

JZ

Damn.... this is the 3rd kid this guy has ruined. All 3 kids have major drug and escape issues. Ryan... get into counseling and find out what you're contributing to this situation. Tatum was right when she said you were a terrible father. Change yourself before it's too late. This is just plain sad right now.

DredMeNot

No wonder his daughter Tatum is so f**ked up.

Lavasquez1

NIce! No wonder he looks like hell... It's in the family... RyanSr needs to go to ojail if his kid is into it because of him...

blubird

STUDID IS AS STUPID DOES. Society at it's best requires taking responsibility.Someone really missed the boat here. At this point so very down that sad road they took, I am beyond feeling sorry for them. Time to wak up and smell the prison bars.