You Don't Have to Be a Star

9/17/2008 1:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 64-year-old (who turns 65 in two weeks) resurfaced at a charity event in L.A. recently, looking pleasant.
Marilyn McCoo
Before Whitney Houston sang it in the '80s, Marilyn recorded "Saving All My Love For You" in 1978.

McCoo recently celebrated her 40th wedding anniversary to fellow singer Billy Davis, Jr.

K

She looks amazing! And who are you calling Solid Gold cheesy? That show was awsome!

2045 days ago

Chauncey

I have been honored and Blessed to have worked with both Billy and Marilyn. They are SO talented and SUCH great people!!!
They look and sound awesome.

UP UP and AWAY BABY!!!!

2045 days ago

I Love Memphis

A very Beautiful woman...

sunniski

When did she become white?

DJ

She looks so beautiful. It is so refreshing to see 2 people married so long in the entertainment business. God bless both of them!!

MB

She looks great! Kudos to her and husband Billy on their annivrsary. They seem like grounded people, a rarity in show biz.

Tim

PLEASANT ?!?
I have to agree with many of the previous entries that you folks at TMZ need to give serious thought to eyeglasses, contacts or laser surgery.

Princess Ali Baba

This woman is GORGEOUS!

mr b

I agree with the person who commented on how you give such kind compliments like "absolutely gorgeous" or "beautiful" to some of the most AWFUL looking celebrities who have not aged well at all or have had so much plastic surgery that they dont even look natural. However, for some strange reason the best thing that you can say about Ms. McCoy is that she looks "pleasant" when in fact she has aged remarkable well and is still very beautiful and looks like a million classy bucks-- way better than many of your other featured celebrities. I think the people who write this are a little biased- dont you think?

susie

A beautiful and talented lady at any age :-)

literati

I remember her when I was a child, and I was so proud to see a beautiful classy black woman singing so effortless! I wanted to be her then; I want to be her too when I turn 65. She must of lived a very clean and healthy life, she looks fabolous!

scott

A little trivia for y'all...remember the song she sang with the 5th Dimension called "Wedding Bell Blues"? In that song she sings about not being happy until she marries "Bill"..who, of course, is Billy Davis Jr. They had a duet hit in the late 70's..."You Don't Have to be a Star (To Be in My Show)"

digga

Wow, she looks absolutely fabulous! She has always been a gorgeous lady! congrats to her and her hubby on their 40yrs. and many more to come!!!

shabba

Congrats and you're still looking as lovely as ever Cousin.....tell Billy hello.....Jimmy from the Lochs back in StL

USAF Gal

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Marilyn Mckoo and Billy Davis Jr in '72 when they came to Germany near our military base for a concert. They were and are two of the most beautiful, talented, kind and gracious people I have ever met both inside and out. Congrats on their 40th and bless them they are great. Entertainment should have more role models like them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments