New Trial of the Century -- Bigger than OJ!

9/18/2008 2:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsIn a case rivaling the Manson murders, Britney Spears' year-long legal epic will go to trial next month -- all over driving without a valid California license.

You'll recall -- if you have a good memory -- last year Britney was cited because her license was from Louisiana, not California. The case has been to court more than Gloria Allred, but the prosecutor and defense lawyer couldn't settle.

This morning the trial date was set for October 15. Our sources say during the meeting in chambers, the judge said he doesn't want to be criticized for giving Britney Spears special treatment.

The way we see it, she's already gotten special treatment -- screwed over by a nothing case because of who she is.

DW

FIRST!

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Pa Spears doesn't let her drive now anyways

$$$

FIRST...WOW...YOU MUST BE SO PROUD!!!
DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET TO WORK???

Kayleigh

She's not being screwed over. She's being held accountable just like everyone else would have been. I don't think she should be put throught hell but she should have to be cited or pay the fine just like everyone else.

desaire

Already in trouble? I guess her come back was just her last 15 minutes. I told you people wouldn't last long.

.....

Who gives a hoot about this talentless waste of flesh. She's a washed up, loser, has been that should never have been in the first place.

Team Kim

Damn diggity dang

whatever

Wow gotta love our tax dollars at work. Seriously just fine the woman and move on. This really is a nothing case.

cloe

The lawyers just love to drag her cases out because they can bill her for a half a million for 3 hours of work.

whatever

#7 read the posts before you comment on them. This is an old case that has been draged out for a year now.

shirliana

BRITNEY.. YOU HAVE IMPROVED SO MUCH... GET YOUR LICENSE IN GEAR AND YOU WILL ALL BE CLEAR..... WE ALL KNOW YOU HAVE HAD TO GO THRU SO MUCH... BUT CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE IMPROVING FOR THE BEST....

Rick

TMZ...I agree with you 100%. What a waste of taxpayers' money. Are we to assume that, if we drive in another state, that we are going to be prosecuted for not having a license there? I understand that if Britney is a resident in CA she needs a license here. This should be no more than something similar to a fix-it ticket...get a CA license and prove it. Nothing more.

Elisa

I don't really care for britney... but come on... this much for driving w/o a valid license? I know at least 20 people in CA who got caught for something stupid like that... you pay a fine and move on. This chick may have created the drama for her self in the beginning, but i gotta say the courts and media have been milking this shi* for the past 8-9 months. The damn judge and cops are wasting our f**ing money. She barely even drives anymore and has kept her ish to herself.

mimi

I thought this case was thrown out like a year ago.

Jessica

yeah I had the same problem. But dude, they gave me a ticket, I paid the fine and we moved on with our lives in under 1 week. (had to mail in the payment), I think the Judge is being biased against Spears, thinking he's saving himself when in reality he's making a mockery of our system. Fine her, and move on! They even said she got a Cali license within a week or something .. that should be good enough!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments