Condition Update -- Barker and DJ AM

9/20/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now.

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

Twinker

Just a foretaste of the firey pit of Hell. Repent!

KA

you all need to remember that these guys are someones son, father , husband , cousin, Uncle friend. What if this happened to one of you? how would you speak of that person. Ill or loving ?I pray for a speedy recovery and my thoughts and prayers go to ALL the families.

Will

Whats going on with them they haven't given an update since mid-day are they still ok? if it was certain other Celebrities they would have been on it all day min to min

moveover

Never heard of them....

MindyD

This is sad news-I hope they both make a full recovery. Burns are a horrific and lengthly healing process, and I pray that both boys will be kept as pain free as possible.My heart and sympathies go out to the families of the lives lost.

Wow

e! is reporting that DJ AM's face is very badly burned and that 50% of his body is burned. He is in an incubator as infection can be deadly. If he survives this physically, he'll still have to emotionally adjust to how he looks now. Barker appears to be a little better off, though they are both in for a painful, tough time. God will be with you both.

astrochicks

It was reported that DJ Am was able to call his mom from the ambulance. He's now in a doctor induced coma. He is burned over 50% of his body with his face being the worst. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Go to astrochicks dot com or E! for latest updates.

lizkirby

How very unfortunate for all involved. My heart goes out to those with losses from this terrible accident, and wish a speedy recovery to both survivors. There have been a few posts that caught my attention, and in a very negative way. I am not referring to those wishing ill of the two men mentioned as that is for attention that I have no intention of giving.. my issue is with the pig-headed losers with the comments about the female pilot. How dare you? Accidents happen all the time, and, let's face it, the majority of airplane pilots are men. This horrific occurance was not the fault of the pilot simply because she was a woman. To imply that a vagina makes a person less able to pilot an aircraft is just wrong, and to disrespect one of the casualties in that way is disgusting. Grow up.

jonalisa

TM : Please keep us up to the minute with the news........the stupid idiots that are saying T.Barker is ........that is too messed up. I spent time looking up all the news stations and NO ONE anywhere is reporting that!!! Keep praying for them to be strong and what sad news about the new baby losing it's father. God Bless the families.

Wow

I guess the coma was because of the pain? Thanks for the update, astrochicks.com.

Rockmelon

I was shocked by the news of this accident. My condolences to the families and friends of all of the victims. and survivors.

It sounds like they are at the very best place for burn victims and I wish them a speedy recovery. I always really liked both of them.

Reality

who cares

hedleyinwa

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys from here in Seattle,

Jeez

God, some of you people are absolutely pathetic.

Travis Barker

I was just finnishing up twisting a Joint, When I heard an explosion. I thought it was AM who was cooking up some Meth and Something went wrong. Next thing I know is I'm lying on the pavement in the middle of the Highway with my pecker on fire. I will get back to you all later as I am having my Genitalia worked on.