Condition Update -- Barker and DJ AM

9/20/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now.

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

Rachel

why do you idiots give these trolls responses?

Stephanie

what happened is so sad for everyone involved; that has to be the worst way to die and it has to be horrible to be in the state that travis and dj am are in and remembering what they saaw for the rest of their lives.. travis barker was my idol in middle school and high school which may sound lame but he just seemed like such a good person. i just really feel bad for everyone and everyones families.

Ash

Although I was not a big fan really, I still have sympathy for them.
This is a horrible tragedy. I'm glad they were so fortunate to
survive. I hope they recover well. ...very sorry to those who
passed away and will be thinking good thoughts for them and their
families.

aww

They say the asst that died, was going home to be with his wife who went into labor. Also his brother died in a car wreck 2 wks ago. 2 kids in the same family. Now that's SAD!

Anita

Travis isn't at Cedars, you sick pig. He's in GA.

Adam will have to wear a face mask for long time.

But hopefully all oes well for both men.

raechill

what happened to the most recent update tmz?

idaho potato

TMZ - No Tinkie Winkie to be used to 'mourn' the dead people? That's so unlike you. If it's good for one, it's good for all. Don't grow a heart now.

bigt

Their first single released together very recently was titled "Fix your face".....Ouch. God bless all involed and affected.

divalasvegas

213. TRAVIS BARKER WAS JUST PRONOUNCED DEAD -A.P REST IN PEACE TRAV
I just checked the A.P., there is NOTHING about Travis Barker being pronounced dead! You've been saying this since this morning, and it is not TRUE! Knock it off already! Enough!!!

PrincessAli

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that was on this plane. This is such a horrible thing to hear. I hope Travis and Adam make speedy recoveries, and my deepest sympathy goes to the families that lost someone today. Chris, I know you're watching over your wife and new baby. You will be greatly missed!

cincin

TRAVIS IS NOT DEAD.. YOUR A SICK FREAK FOR STARTING THE RUMOR. this is soo sad!
get a fing life!

SoliZ's_GuRl

all of u negative idiots need to get a fuuuucking life!!!!!misery loves company u douchebags................... i pray for the familys of the lost and for the full recovery of the blessed

prayerteamleader

They will recover... you people have got to believe in the power of prayer regardless if they believed in the Lord. As long as we keep praying all will be as our Lord planned it. It wasn't their time, they were left behind for a reason. I can bet this has and will change them forever. As for Mike and everyone else on here talking their smack..ignore them, the Lord will handle them in his own way.

Michele

I hope this tragedy makes them change their lives for the better.

lisa

I am so sad about Travis and his fam. I used to watch "Meet the Barkers" i feel as though I kinda know them. I recently saw him in escondido at restaurant getting into car, but diddn't know who he was at first. I kert starring trying to see if I recognized him from somewhere . Then it dawned on me it was Travis... We made eye contact aand I felt like he was looking at me as well, I think he thought I may have been a friend. At that moment I realized it was him the valet gave him his car and he drve off. I just feel that his life to have such sudden crisis is so tragic and I so empathize with the family grieving as I only can. I am praying for his healing and his families streghth through this crisis. I am a nurse and from the "stable critical codition" is a good sign. Burns are very tricky to treat'but science has become amazing at treating burns to bring them back to lives which make it difficult to even see they had burns. Skin grafts are amazing now days. Infection and fluid hydration are the most important thing drs and nurses are focused on now