Condition Update -- Barker and DJ AM

9/20/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now.

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

crystal

ap hasn't said travis has died. i was just at ap.org and they have nothing that say's that.

what an awful thing to say. the man is in critical condition, but expected to live. don't just say "he died" flippantly.

mama

This news is so upsetting to me. That's all I can say right now.

Victoria

Dear God - .what a horrendous tragedy...my thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

HOW SAD!

daisy

this is soo sad.... :(

bobby

they are both still in critical condition. just reading through the comments i cannot believe that there are so many classless rude people in this world, have some respect people.

rutabaga

Although I am not a fan of either Travis Barker or DJ AM, this is still horribly tragic news...my thoughts and prayers are with them and I hope they are able to recover fully from their injuries. I also send thoughts and prayers to the friends and families of those who died.

Anita

Wonder if Shanna s willing to take care of Travis, now that he is seriously hurt. Hopefully, she has some shred of human decency for the father of her two kids.

But oh Lord,poor Travis,being left at the mercy of Shanna is a new kind of hell.

Wow

For the poster who made the "life experience" remark, I guess you could say that to you I probably am old! I'm 40 and probably old enough to be your mom. I would've probably, unfortunately, been making jokes too 25 years ago. I know someone who was in a burn unit. It' ghastly. Probably the worst type of wound you can get. When you age, as your friends and family members go through various trials, you learn some things will never be funny. That's all I meant. I didn't want to make anyone feel bad. It's just that for the 4 who died, their family and friends will never get to say goodbye, either literally or saying goodbye to the body, as a burned body is a devestating thing to see. For the two who lived, they and their loved ones face a very hard road. That's all.

Anita

Don't wake me up in a burn unit!
Honestly, I would rather be dead.

cyn

My thoughts go out to everyone that was killed. What an awful thing to happen. It's frustrating when young talented people die, yet we see the talentless bimbos parading around without a care in the world. Unfortunately, we're going to be seeing and hearing a lot about Shanna now..ugh. Way to ruin a moment....

Ace

Just by looking at the video it's clear to me that the flaps were not set for take-off.

Terry

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the people that passed. And to Travis and DJ your angles are watching over you both. We will keep you both in our prayers for a great recovery you keep fighting! God Bless

lilyx

Posted at 1:13PM on Sep 20th 2008 by GCD

Very informative and thoughtful post. Thoughts & prayers to DJ AM & Travis in this critical time of their recovery. RIP to the four others that lost their lives and prayers to their families. :(

Jennifer

This is devastating.

Kobe_No_Means_No

I just don't understand the logic behind acting like a saint on TMZ. This is a tabloid website. If you're going to deliver a sermon, go to a church.