Condition Update -- Barker and DJ AM

9/20/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now.

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

Jeezy

TRAVIS BARKER IS NOT DEAD! I REPEAT TRAVIS BARKER IS NOT DEAD! SO THE IDIOT WHO KEEPS POSTING THAT HE IS I ONLY HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU.....KARMA!

SMILINGSARAH

I AM SO HAPPY THAT THEY ARE OKAY. MAY GOD BLESS THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES.

erratic25

from what i've read it wasn't the flaps... sounds like the landing gear malfunctioned there was debris across the runway. the plane never got off the ground

aww

I feel for them. This Travis guy though, he's so nasty and you gotta wonder. He disrespected his wife and child. I just saw in the pic below him wearing a shirt "CURB YOUR GOD" Well disrespect God too. Satan is a liar and God is awesome. This is what happens when you are nasty, vulgar and selfish.

Baseball Junkie

As of 1:42 the AP is reporting DJ AM and Travis Barker in hospital. It says nothing about their having died.
I didn't know any of these people but they are human beings and I feel sorry for their pain and the pain of the families involved. Death is never funny and neither is injury. I have been burned, thank God nowhere near as severely, and it hurts like hell because of the large number of nerves involved. I wouldn't wish this sort of pain on my worst enemy. I wouldn't wish that sort of pain on anyone.
My condolences to the families of the the four who died. It is a tragedy anytime someone dies but to lose a parent at such a young age is truly horrific.
I do not condemn the people who have made joking comments here. Some people do react to pain with jokes and some people respond to life with humor. It is their personality and their right even though I would never do such a thing. I just have no interest in associating with this kind of people. Luckily, I only have to meet them on TMZ and never in real life.

Go Sox

aww

God Bless Travis? I don't think he wants that since he's wearing a shirt that says "curb your god" in the story below. Sure lets call on God after we've trashed him and his word. It's so hypocritical.

KELC

What a horrible tragedy-my thoughts go out to them and their families.

gamecock11

travis and djam has just been stabilized.there going to have a live news conf. at 3:30 in here columbia.but djam is in more seriously burned.

CB

Travis is not dead! I know someone that spoke with him this morning.

Blurgle

"TMZ learned" it because it was released in a press conference held three hours ago. Wake up!

Twinker

I hate small planes.

Wow

According to People.com, Shanna has flown to South Carolina to be with Travis. Her mom, the kids' grandmother is watching the children (ages 2 and 4). Of course the children haven't been told.

Patrick

We wish you a speedy recovery and hope the vicitms left their mortal coils as painlessly as possible. May God bless.

sad face

I FEEL REALLY SAD FOR THEM. I HOPE THAT THEY ARE OKAY AND RECOVER SOON.
I SEND MY PRAYER TO THIER WIFE AND KIDS.
YOU SHOULD NEVER THINK FOR ANY BAD THINGS TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE.
WE ONLY KNOW THEM FROM MAGAZINES, AND THEIR ONLY HUMAN JUST LIKE US.
THEY WILL STILL ROCK!!!!!!!!!! ;)

gamecock11

it wasnt the planes flaps or landing gear.i was there.when that plane was about to take off,it was at full speed.another plane was coming across to land.so if travis's plane would had taken off it would been a crash in the air with the other plane.that pilot died saving alot more peoples lives.