Travis' Assistant Dies in Crash

9/20/2008 12:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Travis Barker's assistant -- featured on the reality show "Meet the Barkers" -- was one of the four people who died in last night's plane crash in Columbia, SC.
Travis Barker and Chris Baker
Chris Baker, 29, died along with the pilot Sarah Lemmon, co-pilot James Bland and Charles Still, who was Travis' bodyguard. Barker and DJ AM are still in a burn center in Augusta, GA in critical condition.

Gavin Degraw's father has told a local paper in SC Degraw was not on the plane and is still in Columbia.

Story developing ...

8ball

what a devastating loss,,, sad,very sad.

Pam

At a time like this, we all love and care. Even though we may not have known the people, or they may have once been signifigant in our lives. it moves us deeply, and we pray. My Father's funeral was attended by over 3,000 people. At 17, I didn't understand the people crying who really didn't know Dad. But, when David Bloom of MSNBC died, I wept so deeply. My Mother reminded me of my Father's death and how I felt at that time was how these people who really didn't know him felt. That their grief was real as well. I got it.

God bless the families of those who passed to Heaven. Thank God for the lives spared of those who survived. Went online listened to the new cd of Gavin DeGraw after the news hit. Speculations were that he had been on the plane and was NOT. As I listened to this young man's gift(CD), I thought of how I probably would have never known of his music had this plane not crashed. Beautiful music.

Each life is a gift from God. My prayers are with you all. Love to all.

Erin

I worked on "Meet the Barkers." Chris was a good kid and super excited about being a dad. This is just tragic. My heart is with his family and those of you choosing this opportunity to make jokes - you are the worst of humanity.

James

Little Chris worked for Travis, he was an amazing person and will forever missed.

Michelle

My prayers go out to their family. This is so sad. I hope Travis and DJ Am recover. Sorry such a bad thing had to happen.

Z

My condolences to Chris Baker's family.

Birdman

Lil Chris and Travis are friends of mine. Lil Chris is his right hand man. We have done Gumball 3000 twice together and they, for all of you lame asses are great people beyond what you that dont know them could ever imagine. I think we should all pray for them and all of there families. They were doing an event for the public persona to enjoy and now they can never go home the same. This is very tragic. Also put a little something special to The new family of LIL Chris, he was recently married and has a new child. Im gona miss you home boy!! Forever remembered, never forgoten!

8ball

What a devastating loss,,,,,sad,very sad. Say a little prayer.

why?

I AM SO SORRY FOR ALL THE VICTIMS IN THIS HORRIBLE ACCIDENT, THOSE PEOPLE WITH NEGATIVE COMMENTS HAVE NO RESPECT AT ALL. I JUST WISH ALL THE VICTIMS PHOTOS WERE POSTED, THEIR LIVES WERE VALUED JUST LIKE THE CELEBS TO THEIR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS.

1111111

I WAS THERE RIGHT AFTER IT HAPPEN AND I WENT BACK THIS MORNING,I WASSTAYING RIGHT BEHIND THE CRASH SITE AND IT WAS A WONDER ANYONE GOT OUT! IT'S AWFUL..I PRAY THEY WILL BE OK.GOD BLESS THEM AND THE FAMILY'S OF THE DEAD..

aww

NICE SHIRT Travis. Who you gonna call now?

Triple Play

# 5 steph it is travis Barker not Baker you Twit. If you have to ask you should probably visit another site. How about Home and Garden

Rude

This is so tragic and sad for all of the families involved. I'm just sick to my stomach.

~Praying for all

Laura

That is so sad. I'm sorry for everyone involved. My prayers go out to Chris Baker's family as well as the rest of the family's touched by this. I hope Travis and DJ AM recover well. poor guys....

Hmmm....

You can't wear a T-shirt stating "Curb your God" without facing the consequences. What did he expect? Clearly, you cannot disrespect God. Live and learn, people.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments