Travis' Assistant Dies in Crash

9/20/2008 12:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Travis Barker's assistant -- featured on the reality show "Meet the Barkers" -- was one of the four people who died in last night's plane crash in Columbia, SC.
Travis Barker and Chris Baker
Chris Baker, 29, died along with the pilot Sarah Lemmon, co-pilot James Bland and Charles Still, who was Travis' bodyguard. Barker and DJ AM are still in a burn center in Augusta, GA in critical condition.

Gavin Degraw's father has told a local paper in SC Degraw was not on the plane and is still in Columbia.

Story developing ...

FSOC

For all you talking sh*t. You'd be so lucky to have known him. Greatest father husband and friend, so have respect for the man. We all love you Chris!

2038 days ago

saddened

L'il Chris,Rest in Peace.You will be missed by so many that knew what an amazing person you were. Much love to your family and friends.

2038 days ago

Cherie May Adams

Chris we will miss you very much. I will always remember the first time I met you at your house with Delilah when I was 15 years old and we went to Chuckie cheese in your low rider truck ha ha :) , I cant believe your gone, rest in peace love we will all miss you. I guess all the good people belong to be taken early to go to heaven.

Rest in Peace Sweet Chris

2038 days ago

ElenaBelle

I have a good feeling Travis will be alright,It sucks that lil Chris died I talked to him at the Warped tour a few years back and he seemed like a good kid,my thoughts and prayers for his family!

2038 days ago

Jason

To all the people making jokes, having a good time with this, you can go to hell. I was Chris's roommate before he noved out to L.A. And he was a pretty good friend and helped me out alot. I just want to say if this happened to your family you wouldn't want people jokeing about it. I send my love to his wife and son, and his mom who is also a great person. I'm sorry for their lost.

2038 days ago

truthman

I noticed it is a woman pilot.Do you want a woman piloting the jet you may be flying on?It might scare me.They should stick to being stewardesses.

2038 days ago

East LA

Its really horrible to hear that a small jet plane fell and had deaths. Im such a fan of TRAVIS and DJ AM but my BIG HEART goes out to everyone in general even if they were not famous cause after all we are all the same. May GOD bless their souls and family......... R.I.P.

2038 days ago

Kim Rocks

Travis got speared, and I hope he recovers soon. I just notice his t-shirt it says curb your god....

2038 days ago

rileyeva2002@yahoo.com

CURB YOUR GOD? The Easy LIfe? HMMMMM.......

2038 days ago

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Guess the tatted guy did curb his god . kind of arrogant to put on your shirt dude. sorry about your luck tho.

2037 days ago

Ann

I live down the street from were the plane crashed and it was terrible. I've been sad all day about it. I hope AM and Travis have a full recovery. My prayers are with them and the people that were on that plane. Why would they go to Owens field??? Plenty of accidents have happened there. Planes go down all the time there. Did no one tell them how dangerous that airport was?

-Ann

2037 days ago

Erica

First and foremost I would like to send my condolences to the family and friends of all the passengers who were on board that fatal plane crash. My heart goes out to all of you and I'm deeply sorry for your loss. They may not be here in body, but they will always be with you in spirit!
A little message to Travis Barker and his family. Travis Barker is by far one of the most talented musicians of our time. He is an outstanding and amazing drummer! To see him perform live would send chills up your spine. I wish you only the very best in hopes that you get well real soon. When you're ready, I know that you'll be better than ever! That sort of born talent just does not go away. Luv ya!
If you're going to take the time to comment on a story, then why don't you take the time to read the story? Get your facts straight. Then you won't be so obligated to waste space asking dumb questions such as, is Travis BARKER related to Chris BAKER. Would you stop it, for crying out loud!
One more thing...... To all you jerks that have nothing else to do on a Saturday night other than post mean and senseless things (IE. #3). If you don't have anything nice to say, save it and don't say anything at all. In other words, keep your trap shut you retard!!!
Again I'm sorry to all the victims of this terrible tragedy.

2037 days ago

Armen

R.I.P.

2037 days ago

MISSM

R.I.P.

2037 days ago

Melissa

Are you serious that you put a Walmart ad in front of this video??? A friend of mine suffered a loss in this accident.. and you are posting Walmart ads... I'm sorry but that is possibly the most insensitive thing that I have ever seen on this site! Hope you made your money!

2037 days ago