Chris Baker's Final Photo

9/22/2008 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a photo of Chris Baker just moments before he boarded the Learjet that crashed on takeoff.

Baker sent the cell phone photo at 11:22 ET, 31 minutes before the plane crashed. Baker e-mailed the photo to a friend with the text, "Go hard on the block."

Baker, Travis Barker's assistant, was one of the four people who died in the crash. The video of the jet was shot by Baker before he boarded.

anon

all you moronic little teenage girls saying "oh please stop showing the video...and oh their families" need to just shut the hell up.....this is the real world, this is real news. You didn't know these people and i know for a FACT none of you do this when you watch the world news. The only reason you even care is because you have some sick puppy love crush with these people and they don't even know you exist!!! SO GROW UP!

Marie

I find it highly inappropriate for you to post this photo. This young man and his friends and family deserve respect and privacy. No need to make it worse for them by posting this photo. If you have any class or decency, you would take it down.

billboy

tmz sucks..........bunch of crap!!!!

FlBiker

OMG is he still dead?

SoliZ's_GuRl

RIp.................................so sad..........................................................................

Anonymoose

TMZ, you really should be ashamed to show this. Actually, I'm APPALLED. How could you show something like this, especially right before he died? Is it necessary? Nope.

Please respect the dead and those precious moments before Chris' passing.

hahahaha!

You people are so ridiculous! Did you actually 'watch' the video??? nothing morbid about it, he videoed the jet, probably thought it was a cool looking piece of machinery, like a fancy car. Yes it's sad he died but why would the family be upset by this?? It shows NOTHING, and even it did (based on the still picture) so what, what did it show? Him smiling or talking, personally I would be happy to see those last images of someone I loved. Stop looking for outrage where there is none to be had... there is plenty in our world these days to be truly outraged about. This little video is not one of them.

Kram

The still photo is NOT the same plane that crashed. It's not even a Lear 60... The video is in fact the same plane, a Learjet 60 with a matching paintjob to the known photos of the plane (N999LJ) Notice the difference in striping on the side of the plane and a different number of windows... Still photo NOT the plane, video IS the plane.

peanut

Although I am a fan of TMZ posting this photo is in horrible taste!! Can't you just let the families involved in this tragedy greive in peace instead of having every last second of their loved ones disected?

dave

NICE TMZ
REAL CLASSY< WHY DONT YOU POST SOME VIDEO OR PICS OF 9/11 Vcitims jumping from the TOWERS?
U PAPPARAZI ARE PEICES OF SH*T! BUT I CAN ONLY BLAME MYSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE FOR TUNING IN! OR HOW ABOUT THE CLOSETED "FLAMER" THAT HOST YOUR SHOW, THATS A STORY!

Joe

How did TMZ get this video?? Did a friend sell them it??

Niki

I don't feel that it is inappropriate that TMZ has posted this.....it is inappropriate (and sad) that his friend would sell it.

Barbie

It makes me SICK that TMZ prob paid 4 and at the very least published this video. Everyone @ TMZ should b disgusted that theier paycheck had this blood on it.

B

Granted, I do not agree with anyone "selling" this photo per se, it is also something that I would want to see if I was a close loved one or friend of the person who passed. This photo was posted as a remembrance of Chris Baker -- when I look at the photo, I think what a precious life that didn't know it was close to departing this world, and I didn't even know him personally. It is something to be celebrated in a way, not necessarily looked down upon. Rest in peace.

get me one of those cellphones please

his cell phone survived the crash but he didnt?