Kirk Cameron -- The Resurrection of Mike Seaver

9/25/2008 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Atheist-turned-born again Christian evangelist '80s TV star Kirk Cameron touched down in the City of Angels last night after a trip to the heavens.
Kirk Cameron: Click to watch
We haven't seen him in a while, and with good reason -- those "Left Behind"/"End of Days" religious flicks just don't compare to a good "Sex and the City" night.

Suck it Republicans

18. I think Kirk Cameron is awesome and He will be blessed for the work that he is doing for the Lord, I wish people would stop bagging on Christians and grow up. If you all do not agree with our beliefs then keep your opinions quiet please!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Do you worship Kirk Cameron? Why did you capitalize "He" when referring to Kirk Cameron?
2. There is no "Lord."

miley$$$

crystal: The only reason people bag on these *particular* Christians is that they don't keep their opinions to themselves just like you asked everyone here to. They accost people on the street and directly or indirectly threaten them with eternal damnation and bully them into admitting their uncertainties, all with a sort of bemused air. I'm fully aware that evangelism is a fundamental tenet of Christianity, but so is non-judgementalism. Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort choose a very obnoxious way to get their message out and it's not appreciated by many reasonable people.

There is no such thing as reality tv

One child star who isn't messed up, yet gets bashed.

Me

He's been married to the same woman for 17 years, has six children, practices his faith, and didn't turn out badly like so many other child stars. Not to mention that he looks incredible for heading toward 40.

GOOD for him. Some of you people are just really, really screwed up.

Abby

define "in your right mind"...and they're not screwed up...they're scared...*S*

MyThoughts

I think the fact that he doesn't kiss other women is a trait to be applauded. In this world of anything goes, its very nice to see some MEN have standards, then live up to them. I think Patrick McGoohan was the same way and would not have scenes like that with other women. Too bad there aren't more like that in Hollywood. Too much swaping spit anyways....

HELENA

Some day God will have the last laugh on those who mock Him and His people.

miley$$$

Oh I'm sure he will Gaye, since damning your own creations is pretty funny stuff.

Melonie

What I want to know is what are abunch of book burning Christian Taliban freaks doing posting on a Gossip site.

Shouldn't you guys be planning on ways to continue to erode our First Ammendent freedoms as well as turning this country into fascist theocracy?

FATASS KIM IS A RACIST

KIRK IS A TRUE STAR!! HE CHOSE NOT TO BE A FOLLOWER OF ALL THE OTHER LIBERAL IDIOTS IN HOLLYWOOD AND TO TAKE A REAL STAND FOR SOMETHING REAL AND IMPORTANT!! ALL THE IDIOTS IN HOLLYWOOD AND THE TMZ STAFF COULD LEARN ALOT FROM A MAN LIKE THIS!! KIRK DOES NOT SAY HE IS A CHRISTIAN AND THEN LIVE LIKE SINNER - I.E.- JESSICA SIMPSON AND FAMILY- HE WALKS THE WALK.

HEY IASLOW - YOU ARE GOING TO STAND IF FRONT OF JESUS ONE DAY- MAYBE YOU NEED TO THINK ABOUT THAT INSTEAD OF MAKING FUN OF SOMEONE WITH MORALS!!

Melonie

Ignore Message #30

Person must be off their meds.

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder

I use to admire and have all respect for this guy until I saw a couple of the religious programs (and I am a Christian myself). We all have the right to our belief and/or non-belief. But when a person is on public air waves "preach the word of the Gospel" yet at the same time judging other non believers, non Christian, persons of alternative lifestyles and condemn them....who's the hypocrite now. I just happened to catch one of his programs on the "idiot tube" while up late one night and decided to watch because he was a part of my childhood and culture. But to my dismay, I immediately was taken back after listing to his rhetoric. Not wanting to judge him ("thou shall not judge"), I tried watching a couple more programs over a period of time and they all were the same....very judgmental of everyone who did not walk his walk nor preach his talk. "Thou shall not judge, cast stones nor blasphemy His name in.

Just my opinion (which I guess he has the right to his opinions) but I'm just saying.......

HELENA

We are all God's creation but not all God's Children.
Christians are not stick in the muds but up on all that goes on in the world and that is why we can comment on what is being said and shown on the Internet..

FATASS KIM IS A RACIST

~~~~~~~ MELONIE READ THIS!!!! (IF YOU CAN)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MELONIE- YOU CALL US CHRISTIANS A BUNCH OF NAMES AND MAKE CLAIMS YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!! HOW ABOUT READING AND LEARNING INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING UP CRAP- YOU GIVE LIBERALS A BAD NAME !!! ALSO YOU NEED TO LEARN WHAT FASCIST THEOCRACY MEANS BEFORE TRYING TO USE IT DEAR!!

YOU SHOW YOURSELF NOT ONLY TO BE STUPID BUT TRULY A MEAN LIBERAL!!

MELONIE GROW UP !!!!!!!!!! YOU LIBERALS AR SO OPEN MINDED?!?! ONLY IF EVERYONE AGREED WITH YOU!

K

Kirk's a nice guy whether he's a Christian or not......and if he preaches, he has that right, just as our society allows lovely politicians and lobbyists to spout off their stuff. TMZ, your jerky for ripping him for something so stupid.....Harvey, I like you better on the People's Court.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments