Coolest Hand Dies

9/27/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul Newman 1925 -2008.
Paul Newman
He was awesome.

cpr update

He is a legend. A door in time has shut. He was part of keeping an era alive.

gia

no words
i am very sad now
he's in a better place, my prayers goes to his family.

Pablo Blanco

Who's gonna make all the salad dressing, salsa, and other stuff now? J/K

Denise

At least TMZ haven't made fun of you, Paul. RIP!

Joe Mama

how did he die? he made some awesme movies. my favorites are slapshot and cool hand luke.

SUZANNE

YOU GAVE THE WORLD YOUR CRAFT, YOUR HUMOR, AND MOST OF ALL YOUR HUMANITY. YOUR LIVED OUTSIDE HOLLYWOOD CIRCLES QUIETLY, FORCEFULLY, AND WITH GRACE AND HUMILITY. ALL THE WORLD WILL MOURN.

Firerocket

Excellent actor,used his fame and fortune help others not so blessed,with the Newman food brand.Good guy all around.Take care of yourself Joanne,I know he was the love of your life,take comfort in knowing hes with his son now,so hes not alone,Im sad today,because he was from from that beautiful movie era.Say hi to George Carlin for us

Woodman22

Nobody can eat 50 eggs!! I'm sure Mr. Newman is up in heaven smilin' that ole Luke smile. God bless you sir. You will be deeply missed.

Deb

There is a special place for men like him. He did so much to help kids and charities. RIP

Annie

RIP Mr. Newman. I just saw Cat On A Hot Tin Roof a few days ago. It was the first time I had seen his work and he was wonderful in it. I just read a piece about his life and he seemed to have lived his life to the fullest, and he helped a lot of people with his charity work. A great man and a great actor.

Seattlelite

RIP Paul Newman. He was truly a Hollywood star. He had class. His family will be in my prayers during this time.

Maggie

You were one of the most beautiful creatures on this earth. May you forever rest in peace. Joanne, my prayers are with you.

sunniski

The kindest most generous actor of his time...A faithful husband, even though a liberal I still loved him...

theresa

I am watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid right now. He is a legend like no other. Will miss his beautiful blue eyes! God bless him and his wife and family. 83 years is a nice, long life. Heaven just welcomed another angel.

john a.

a very sad day..he was an amazing actor...and he will be missed.