Coolest Hand Dies

9/27/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul Newman 1925 -2008.
Paul Newman
He was awesome.

Ann

Shaken the tree boss.............Sad day

truthfully yours

Thank you TMZ for not making your usual sarcastc comments on Newman's death, like you did with Charlton Heston. Whether you agree with someone's politcs, they deserve respect at death.

stacey

All of the stupid crap you write about idiots and all you could come up with for a film legend is he was awesome?!!? COME ON!!

So sad

R.I.P Coach Dunlop! Thoughts go out to his family :( He was an amazing actor.

Gia

A true star. The "actors" of this generation can't hold a candle to Newman.

R.I.P.

theresa

I agree with # 46. TMZ, you should have posted a much better photo of Mr. Newman. He was a very handsome man in his younger days with beautiful blue eyes. In his honor and with respect to his many fans you should post a better picture and take down the current one.

François

Adieu et merci à ce très grand acteur.

Jill

R.I.P?????? Give me a bucket!!!! This is a great day . . . one less piece of s**t wasting air on the planet. Newman was an evil hunk of crap and is roasting now for all he did!

whoislisasilvermandoyoumeansarasilverman?

He was a man among men. I'm very sorry.

Babs

# 64 . you are a butt. learn to write and to spell.

Ray

A great man and philanthropist.
A shining example of someone who defied the Hollywood standard as so explicitly demonstrated on this website.
Go watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof... do it now.

Wow

While I admired his acting and philanthropy, it was his 50+ years of marriage that I think sums him up the most. What a gentleman.

Elois Gibson

One of the best actors ever. Easy on the eyes also. Rest in peace.

TStanley

I've been reading a few message boards about Paul Newman's passing. NOT ONE NEGATIVE COMMENT ANYWHERE! That goes to show you what an amazing person we've lost. Definitely one of a kind!

With all the negativity going on right now in the world, it's nice to be reminded of such a man.

R.I.P. Paul Newman

ValoHalo

Fast Cars, Drinking, smokes and acting, describes one part of this outstanding human being. The other part is his generosity. With his food line, car sponsoring, and the Hole in the Wall Gang Childrens Camps. He helped many people with his love. He was married to Joanne Woodward since 1958. 50 years, which is a rarity in Hollywood. Paul is one of the classic actors and humanitarians this world has ever known. My prayers are with him, his family, and all those that this man's love and kindness has touched. May Paul bring love and kindness to all in the special place that he is now in.

To paraphrase Frank Sinatra: "Paul Did it his way."

R.I.P. Paul. To a long life, good friends, and knowing that you are not in pain anymore.