Russell Crowe Is In a Body of Lies

9/28/2008 6:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Who would have thought the once ripped "Gladiator" star would look like he ate his former self.

Crickey!

Mags

He looks about 11 months pregnant. Isn't it his job as an actor to look good? It's not as if he works 8-10 hour days five days a week and then have to take care of a house and a family because he can't afford to hire help, he has both the time and the money. At least get a friggin hair cut!

jc

I can't stand that arrogant jackass.

tard in the hood

LOVE the Crowe...men need weight on them...or else they are girls

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

That gut is due to a enlarged liver from booze.

Kahm

He gained weight for his role in "Body of Lies" and is losing it for his next role in "Nottingham." Russell is a chameleon, always drastically changing his appearance for his various characters.

Zoya

Bebe his job is as a actor yes and thats to portray the characters he contracts himself to play. He deosnt have to be fat or ripped to play every character. Having said that he deosnt owe anyone anything except his family. Just because he has a public who loved his ripped body in Gladiator deosnt me he has to maintain that body. I wish people would stop putting such expectations on actors to always be camera ready. It puts unfair expectations on everyone thinking thats the ideal they have to live up too. Ugh

Rip M 2 Shreds

If I were him, I'd drive over to Bebe's house and kick the crap out of her. I'll bet Bebe is a fat pig that lives in Reseda....hey honey, I think you dropped a bon-bon on the rug!

Get a life.

lisa runnels

I am soooooooooooooo sick of the rude comments about celebrities and their weight. They are humans too. We all either grow old or die, and NO one is PERFECT forever. Life is about being happy with yourself. Who gives a rats a## what other people think. I'd like to see some pictures of all the TMZ staffers. I'm sure you are ALL rail thin. A## Holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaya

looks like the average white male. who cares?

brad's a doucebag

Dear Zoya, you have an eloquent post and you just tell it like it is (which is great) however the word "doesn't" which you used about 4 times is not spelled "deosnt".

smoochie

TMZ Why do you ALWAYS talk about the way someone looks?

GROW

UP

AND PRINT SOMETHING WE ACTUALLY WOULD CARE ABOUT!

Emma G

Hate to nit pick but it's Crikey, not Crickey.. And Russell Crowe is from NZ.. TMZ, the Sarah Palin of journalism:)

Gapeach

I've never found him attractive - he's a bit too ruffian looking for my tastes. But he was a little better looking when he first started making movies. Saw a bit of Proof from 1991 and you can really see that he's not aging well. Must be his attitude.

Cornflakes

He's still hot. I'd hit it.

marge

dear #13 peach.... everyone was better looking when they were a lot younger, as Russell was when he started acting. Proof came out 17 years ago. What did you look like that long ago?

Give the guy a break. He's a terrific actor who does whatever the role requires. Maybe he enjoys putting on weight a bit too much to play parts, but he's a REAL man, not a Hollywood pretty boy.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments