Locklear Police Report -- "Obvious Impairment"

10/1/2008 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The California Highway Patrol has released the arrest report from Heather Locklear's DUI bust:

"A concerned citizen observed a visibly impaired woman, later identified as Heather Locklear, at a parking lot in Montecito, CA. Ms. Locklear was driving forwards and backwards over a pair of sunglasses and revving her engine. A few moments later, that citizen watched Ms. Locklear drive away. The citizen left the parking lot and came upon Ms. Locklear and her vehicle now stopped within the roadway on east Valley Road, near Live Oaks Road, in Montecito.

The citizen became concerned when Ms. Locklear exited her vehicle and stumbled into the traffic lane. Concerned for Ms. Locklear's safety, the citizen called 911 and reported the entire incident to CHP Ventura Dispatch.

CHP Dispatch broadcast the situation to officers in the area. Santa Barbara CHP officers responded to the area. Upon arrival, they located Ms. Locklear seated alone in the driver's seat of her vehicle which was obstructing the traffic lane.

Upon contact Ms. Locklear appeared to be disoriented. After an on scene evaluation a DUI investigation was initiated. Although obvious impairment was exhibited during the tests, alcohol was ruled out as a factor.

Based on the circumstances and Ms. Locklear's objective symptoms, she was arrested for suspicion of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance.

She was transported to the Santa Barbara CHP office, where she was evaluated by a Drug Recognition Expert, who concluded Ms. Locklear was under the influence of a controlled substance, and could not safely operate a motor vehicle.

A chemical test was obtained and Ms. Locklear was transported and booked into the Santa Barbara County Jail for violation of 23152(a) VC (Driving under the influence) and 11550 (a) H&S (being under the influence of a controlled substance)."

hahahaha!

Just because a drug is prescribed does not mean it is legal or OK to drive while taking it.. jeeze people.

Tim Kelly

Heathr is a total sweetheart. I am a retired LA deputy who worked malibu station and I used to talk to her frequently back in the day when she was filming the Battle of the Network stars at Pepperdine University. She was never arrogant, never condescending and always just plain nice. This is a really sad thing to happen to her.

so sick of bad paps and celebrity cling ons

Oh yeah she was so concerned that she called the paparazzi and then took pics and sold them to tmz. She was really concerned about someone's safety. That's original. If she was so concerned she would not have been taking pics of the whole thing and would have tried to help the girl. This kind of crap gets on my nerves. Anything to make a buck and see someone else suffer because they may have the glitz and glam that you don't. She is human too and has the same kinds of pain that us"normal people" have. She has been hurt and shamed and gone through it all in the public eye but has manged to do it with grace and class and come out on the other side. In fact if I am not mistaken, she was suffering from some kind of injury that she was taking medication for. That could be what the controlled substance was.
I wonder if it had been Ms. Plain Jane driving erratically, would Ms. Concerned Citizen be willing to call it in.

tmz is the pits

Comments from Debbie are hilarious. Anybody that knows S.B. county is aware that Goleta residents are the "trailer trash" of the area.

so sick of bad paps and celebrity cling ons

Number 38, 39 and 40. If the CHP was so safety oriented then why was one of them taking pics on his cell phone. I guess he was getting that in lieu of an autograph. They make me sick too. He shoulda just done his damn job. Talk about kicking a person when they are down. He is just as bad as the sleaze who called the paps on her.

Lisa

Hey glad so one was killed by that intoxicated idiot. I don't care if she is a celebrity or a gas station attendant. Why would I got help a person who could be crazy and shoot me if I don't know her or what she is on. I have not read dumber posts except on Perez Hilton. Bunch of crazies there too. How about we worry less about who takes a picture and worry more that children could be walking in that street. Anyone care to comment on that:?????

Lanie

If her drug test comes back negative - I hope that the "concerned citizen" who was so "concerned" that she called the papperazzi rather than try and help Heather,, gets looked into for filing a false emergency. My hinky meter is up right now. i can't shake the feeling that this was a set-up.

Something stinks in suburbia..

DallasB

Of course we knew LAPD would cover themselves....typical...what would be the RIGHT thing to do is investigate this further..and apologize...but that would require common sense...OK let me get this straight..the "concerned citizen" who is a PAPPARAZZI following Heather..and is being investigated by the FBI..called and TOLD THE POLICE all this "information" and the police just went by what the "concerned citizen" said.....the only thing she was doing wrong when the cops got there was sitting in her car!!! Geez, is that a crime now???! I had a guy hit my park car. at 3 am.completely totaled my car..and the cops let him go WITHOUT an arrest because he was on prescriptions meds..they couldn't legally take him in...so wonder why they took her in?? If she wasn't drinking or using illegal drugs..the cops can't do anything..and should owe an aologize....

avalon

Isn't that convenient that the "concerned citizen" was a member of the sleazy paparazzi who sold their photos to TMZ. Was Ms. Locklear really a menace or were the leeches really just trying to make big $$$ and bring her down even more than she has been brought lately. It's coming to the critical point where something's gotta give and there's going to be a backlash against this kind of nastiness. Shame on TMZ for being the leech that gets fat off this tainted blood. Don't forget that kharma comes back.

pie

"Just because a drug is prescribed does not mean it is legal or OK to drive while taking it." On the other hand, Heather would not be that irresponsible to disregard the instructions on the side of the bottle. - Maybe if the Chp officer was using his head, instead of his other head, that's 6 inches below his belly button, there could have been a real field sobriety test, and Heather could have walked.

Still, the photos would have been taken, and Jill would get her paycheck for her photos.

Some people may get intoxicated from eating cheesecake, more than Heather gets from her medications.

malibu

It is obvious that Ms. Paparazzi was stalking Ms. Loclear for the sureptitious purpose of setting her up. This is no respectable professional. Her alleged theft of materials in well known and this was a chance for a fast buck. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she slipped something into Ms. Locklear's Starbuck's in the first place. Ms. Bimbo slimeball needs to have a toss in the pokey herself.

Blondie

Give me a break, the person who called was being a douche bag and from what I have heard about this story is being investigated by the FBI and was fired by US weekely magazine and from pictures I have seen is a old ugly hag and has nothing better to do with her time. Heather is beyond beautiful and talented. I hope that ugly hag that called the police on her get what she deserves. I hope the FBI nails her fat ass.

Karen

She is innocent until the drug screen test results come back,The concerned citizen sold her picture to the rag tabloid and shame on them,At least have the courtsey to see if she was okay.

glad to be black

THE POLICE ARE TRYING TO COVER THEIR FREAKING ASS!
LAPD=CORRUPTION

Me, myself and I

Darn it, I can get a high from smoking regular cigarettes. It must be because I've never, ever, done any kind of other drug. I think I'm a nicotine addict! Please! Won't one of you good people find a place for me in rehab? My lungs must be black with smoking over forty years! I'm sure that Heather has done many drugs that I've never done. Life is tough. Deal with it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments