Locklear Police Report -- "Obvious Impairment"

10/1/2008 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The California Highway Patrol has released the arrest report from Heather Locklear's DUI bust:

"A concerned citizen observed a visibly impaired woman, later identified as Heather Locklear, at a parking lot in Montecito, CA. Ms. Locklear was driving forwards and backwards over a pair of sunglasses and revving her engine. A few moments later, that citizen watched Ms. Locklear drive away. The citizen left the parking lot and came upon Ms. Locklear and her vehicle now stopped within the roadway on east Valley Road, near Live Oaks Road, in Montecito.

The citizen became concerned when Ms. Locklear exited her vehicle and stumbled into the traffic lane. Concerned for Ms. Locklear's safety, the citizen called 911 and reported the entire incident to CHP Ventura Dispatch.

CHP Dispatch broadcast the situation to officers in the area. Santa Barbara CHP officers responded to the area. Upon arrival, they located Ms. Locklear seated alone in the driver's seat of her vehicle which was obstructing the traffic lane.

Upon contact Ms. Locklear appeared to be disoriented. After an on scene evaluation a DUI investigation was initiated. Although obvious impairment was exhibited during the tests, alcohol was ruled out as a factor.

Based on the circumstances and Ms. Locklear's objective symptoms, she was arrested for suspicion of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance.

She was transported to the Santa Barbara CHP office, where she was evaluated by a Drug Recognition Expert, who concluded Ms. Locklear was under the influence of a controlled substance, and could not safely operate a motor vehicle.

A chemical test was obtained and Ms. Locklear was transported and booked into the Santa Barbara County Jail for violation of 23152(a) VC (Driving under the influence) and 11550 (a) H&S (being under the influence of a controlled substance)."

GEB

I've got to say, Heather looks pretty UN-under the influence in her police pictures. Oh well gives new meaning to the term stalk-arazi, no.

K2

Sounds like she was having a Soma Coma.....ZZZzzzz

hahahaha!

#49 Yes the call in sounds shady and maybe the police over reacted, maybe they didn't. She has had issues of late with erratic behavior. However of course it would be irresponsible for her (or anyone) to ignore the side effects warnings on medication of any kind. If it says do not drive or operate machinery while taking and you do anyway and something happens it is your fault and completely irresponsible to think otherwise. Luckily she didn't have an accident or hurt anyone, maybe she realized she couldn't drive and just stopped in the road as the police are saying. Look at Anna Nichole or Heath Ledger ... Celebs need to wake up about abusing or over using prescription medication.

As for everyone saying she's hot, it's Heather.. please.. if it was you or me our butts would be charged too, TMZ might not hear about it but hey that's the downside of the rich and famous.

PR

She was under the influence. She was operating a motor vehicle. She was wrong and could have hurt herself or someone else. She should get what she deserves, but no more or less than anybody else in the same situation. The fact that it turned out to be a celebrity chasing looney that did call the cops and then the paps really has nothing to do with the fact that Heather Locklear has a drug problem and was driving under the influence.

stephc5

Heather looks like crap and the pics of her smoking confirm that she's just a rich skank.

Sharona

It doesn't matter who, what , when or why the cops were tipped off.......if she was under the influence of anything, she should be charged. But she is still hot!

Bcuzimaqt

I am a former president of MADD and would never drink and drive. My father killed himself driving with a blood alcohol level of .27. I don't even drink at all. HOWEVER, I take Ambien to sleep. I have had insomnia for 10 years. But I am only able to take a tiny dose because it gives me amnesia the next morning as to what I did the night before. My son is the one who told me I have driven my car after taking Ambien. I am horrified that that has happened. How could I drive when my brain has essentially been shut off so I can sleep?? So before the Jury of Public Opinion finds Ms.Locklear guilty, perhaps another layer of safety precautions needs to be stepped up for her. But she is a bright woman, with an adolescent daughter, and she would never want for her to think of her mother as being someone who thinks she is too good for the law. She possibly didn't even know she was driving. Believe me, when you wake up from an episode like that, you learn to couch your judgments in a little more patience. Let her tell her side of the story. This could be a great educational opportunity for others of us who have found ourselves in the same kind of situation. I can't even imagine the horrible negative image and the damage done to MADD's excellent reputation. We must temper justice with mercy. That still means justice, but it must meet the crime, and it may be that there is no crime here, just a very unfortunate brain chemistry reaction to someone who has to live with not being able to sleep. Believe me, you wouldn't ever want to be dealing with that. So that that doesn't ever happen to me again, I give my keys to my adult children when I know I'm going to have to medicate for sleep.

I'm glad to be able to share my experience. Anonymously, for very private reasons. I am so thankful to be alive, and to not have hurt anyone else.

Vicki Q

Regardless she is obviously impaired at least this will get her straight before she hurts herself or someone else. Good Luck Heather!!!!!

Lori

I agree...leave her alone. She obviously has problems!! But on the other hand, she had the nerve to give Richie a hard time about his arrest.
I just feel sorry for their daughter!

pattie in cali

she will get out of it, they all do, if were you or me, they would have locked us up right away. she will go to rehab, and thats how she will get out of it. thats hollywood.

papphater

.What a great story for the paps. To follow her and watch her make a mistake and then call the police. I hope these vultures feel good about themselves, selling their souls to the devil to get a good story....Ever heard of KARMA??????

steffletcher

Dear TMZ,

I would like to comment on Miss Locklear's difficult situation. Although I don't regularly watch your show or follow the website - I sometimes find the time to catch a glimpse while making dinner. The humour is usually light and funny; then sometimes the humour (albeit dark) is in the unfortunate situations created by celebrities [for whatever the reason].

The woman (who barely rates on the scale of human) that phoned the police, because she was concerned about Miss Locklear did the right thing by calling the police. She probably saved a life, if not Miss Locklear's, then someone else's. However, for her to call any reporters, for the purpose of making money for photos or video, makes her worse than a blood sucking carp living as a bottom feeder in the pond.

Reporting on Miss Locklear's horrible situation is not wrong - because I am sure she has many fans who care about her and she is a celebrity. Paying that want to be photographer money - was going a bit tooooo far. Even if some other "outfit" bought the photos - - - - who cares.

Oddly enough, the celebrities may complain about papparrazzi and it seems as though they have accepted TMZ's style/approach, which means they think TMZ has a little more class than the others. So do the right thing and throw that bottom feeding, blood sucker back in the water and then apologize to Miss Locklear.

Debbie

Get the REAL facts TMZ! That was not a police report that you got! AND FYI the photos that the CHP took are in EVEDIENCE which will be used to help prove this case. The CHP are not a part of spreading rumors or gaining fame from someone elses mistakes. They were there to do a job,.... get an impared driver off the road.
Goleta homeowner, sorry...not "trailer trash".

Jaimie

WOW!! LOL, why is anyone surprised that a woman who worked for USWeekly is following a celebrity???!!! Doesn't that just make her a paparrazi, stalker or a fan??!! Of course she had an agenda, who doesn't when following celebs is part of your world?! Why she didn't whip out her cell and start taking her own pics to sell is beyond me. After all she knows the biz and what a photo like that is worth. Yet she gives the opportunity away for free??!! Not real smart. I don't really think she was concerned but interested in getting a celeb caught instead. Heather was behaving in a bizarre manner. If she hadn't broken the law how did she get arrested? Most people like Heather Locklear and would be surprised is Ms. Nice is arrested which was probably this person's motivation.

Jacqueline

#58...you couldn't have said it better.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments