Bernhard Banned for Palin "Gang-Rape" Gag

10/2/2008 12:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Unlike Sandra Bernhard, not everyone thinks joking about gang-rape is high-larious.

The bigmouthed Bernhard just got axed from a benefit for a women's shelter because of her now-infamous "joke" that veep-seeker Sarah Palin would get "gang-raped by my big black brothers" when she came to NYC. "In light of our mission, we don't think violence against women is a laughing matter," says the PR rep of Rosie's Place.

Saucy Sandy's rep didn't immediately comment on the situation.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

ATL4LIFE

To "it is what it is" why does the man have to be a baboon he didnt make the joke Sandra made the comment. I agree Gang Rapping is not funny for a woman, but also calling Obama a baboon is ignorant. You must have some issues with your self.

2019 days ago

Ianpiersonjdavis

Oh my god! I can totally picture her doing that! Especially since she has like five (oddly named) kids. I mean come on 'Trig'? as in Trigonometrt?

2019 days ago

Lytefingers

Sandra your alright with me, just lighten up a bit. I guess the good part for you is that you finally got some long lost publicity.

2019 days ago

Reg

What do you expect from a Lesbian Skank

2019 days ago

Erly

Really, number 18!! I almost agreed with you, to a point - - until I read: "And EFF you, number 4. Beans and cornbread? I bet you have black friends that come to your house all the time and you're not racist at all. Stupid in-bread Kentucky EFFer!" Not only ano-class comments, but "in-brad"?? LOL Who is showing their ignorance now?? It's "in-bred" you silly twit!!!

2018 days ago

Erly

And I need to edit my comments for muissing letters!! LOL

2018 days ago

Reginald E Johnson

Hey Itiswhatitis; Your Mother is a baboon, hell I have even seen her in the Batman movie! She was playing one of the BATS! Did a good job too!

2018 days ago

Kara

I have a great Idea...sandy ugly sandra, rosean, rosie o can all be gang raped together..how s that sandra b..whats her real name?? She is garbage with not much money..Id like to take a baseball bat to her face and mouth YES..she will gwt hers I can see it now...

2017 days ago

dan

Bernhard Denies Making Palin Rape Joke By Explaining Her Palin Rape Joke

(Oct. 3) -- Comedian Sandra Bernhard made headlines recently when she reportedly told a joke saying that Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin would be "gang raped" if she came to New York. Bernhard denies saying that, and is now explaining how the story came about ... and it's a bit confusing.
Talking to the Huffington Post, Bernhard says she always opens her comedy show "with something of the moment. It so happens we are in the middle of a highly charged political time. And I'm a woman. And I'm concerned not only for myself but for my daughter and the future of all young women, specifically with Sarah Palin and her stance on reproductive rights."
She then goes on to tell what she actually said about Palin. "Being a comic, you go of on these really funny stream of consciousness tangents. So what I said, only funnier, was 'are you willing to have the experience of getting raped and then keeping your child?' Only I said it much funnier, and more fluidly. I never once said gang rape. Actually I never said rape."
Summary: She made a joke about the "experience of getting raped" ... only never said "rape." Got that?

2015 days ago

dan

Sarah Palin to Do 'SNL' Oct. 25?

(Oct. 11) -- The buzz has been swirling this week that Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin would counter Tina Fey's dead-on impersonation of her on 'Saturday Night Live' by appearing on the show, and a new report is saying it's a done deal.
Cindy Adams of the New York Post reports that Palin will be on the Oct. 25 episode of the show. "She has already OK'd it. She's booked. It's confirmed. Done deal," Adams writes, adding that "sketches are being sketched as we speak."

2015 days ago