Cleanliness is Next to Godliness -- Mr. Clean Dies

10/2/2008 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mr. Clean has gone off to that big sanitized house in the sky.

House Peters Jr., the actor that played the original Mr. Clean in TV commercials, died of ammonia pneumonia on Wednesday. He was 92.

In the '50s and '60s, Peters became famous for playing the household cleaning product's bald muscular hoop-earing clad spokesperson. The Castro would never be the same.

Peters is survived by his wife, three adult children and four grandchildren.

Ned

First!

Woof

Way to insult the dead again with your ammonia comment, TMZ. Idiots.

PiperLaurie

Honestly TMZ....enough of the ammonia/pneumonia intended pun.

ME

that is so sad

procter3

I hate P&G!!!!

KNOWITALL

AGAIN, HARVEY LEVIN AND HIS USELESS STAFF HAVE MADE A MOCKERY OF THE DEAD.

HARVEY STOP BEING A STUPID JEW AND GROW UP!

June

Oh, come on. The ammonia joke was a LITTLE funny.

Nadine

TMZ, you are sick and disrespectful. At least stick to making fun of people who are alive. I hope this comes back to bite all the staff in the ass. Shame on you all! I guess you'll all do/say anything to get another dollar in your pocket...even if it means to make you all look stupid and shallow.

northern gypsy

ayyyy...always liked the original mr clean...his bald head & hooped ear-ring was ahead of it time !!! ok harvey ...who's cornflakes did you piss in today???...the bloggers seems to be in a unruly mood !!!

miley$$$

I laughed at the ammonia thing, but I disapprove. Anyway, do you have a photograph of the gentleman? I'm curious now.. I always liked Mr. Clean. Strong, yet sensitive.

david cook rocks

you tmz are so heartless that was uncalled for with your ammonia comment,

ShortxxMoFO

come on ppl lighten up with the joke... damn...

Jennifer

I normally never agree with you TMZ in regards to your lack of sympathy, but I must say this is hysterical! I'm sure he and his family got a kick out of the attention he received for being "Mr. Clean." I would bet that even though his family is mourning their loss they could see the sense of humor in this. He did live a long and prosperous life.

pattie in cali

BLESSINGS TO HIS FAMILY, alot of us grew up watching him, so sorry to hear this. mr. clean changed over the years,
now hes really gone

Really?

Hey # 9, you're pretty funny...Not ok to make fun of the dead, but ok to degrade (or try to degrade) someone by calling them a Jew? Guess what - you're a dumb ass!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments