Queen Latifah

Set to Grill Sarah Palin

10/3/2008 1:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Well-placed sources tell TMZ Queen Latifah is getting in the middle of the Sarah Palin/Joe Biden VP debate by portraying last night's moderator, PBS journalist Gwen Ifill, on "SNL" this week.

For the third time this season, we're told Tina Fey will be back, hysterically not answering questions as Palin. You betcha! No word yet on who has been tapped to play Biden.

Thanks to Latifah -- and since "SNL" has no female African-American cast member -- the world is saved from seeing Amy Poehler in black face.

another over 40 mama

I AM ONE PISSED OFF AMERICAN! EVERYBODY WHO VOTED YES ON THE BAILOUT BILL SHOULD BE LINED UP AND SHOT 5 TIMES IN THE HEAD! AMERICANS SHOULD AND PROBABLY WILL VOTE ALL THE YES VOTERS OUT OF OFFICE. LET THEM WORK A REGULAR 40 OR 50 HOUR A WEEK JOB FOR THE PAY MOST OF US RECEIVE. LET THEM TRY AND RAISE A FAMILY THE SAME WAY ALL US REGULAR TAXPAYERS DO. SCREW ALL THE YES VOTERS AND THEN SHOOT THEM.

Buster

Gwen is a well educated woman who did an excellent job. Dana Owens is a Rapper and Actress. Oh, by the way Mya Rudolph is African American.

Redtopp

SNL hasn't been really truly funny since steve martin, eddie murphy, john belushi, gilda rqdner, and that bunch-- it's more like a SNL-Spinoff now.

Jennifer Bouldack

I am sure since SNL is so one-sided, they will make no effort to portray any part of the debate as it really was and try to get laughs from an honest portrayal. No matter what you think of Biden or Palin, both did excellent jobs in the debate. Palin answered all of the questions beautifully, and even the political commentators - especially those who usually bash her - admitted she did a great job in the debate. But do you think SNL's lazy writers will make any effort to let that come through in their writing? Of course not. It is easier to just keep writing the same non-funny joke they started with. The only thing funny about Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin was when she walked out on the stage dressed as her. And since we all had in our own imaginations already what that was going to look like, they really didn't have much work to do there. The rest has just been the same un-funny joke. No matter that Palin did so well last night that even her opposition gave her props, SNL will stick to the same un-funny schtick. Palin has shown some growth in a short amount of time as a candidate. Perhaps the SNL writers could do the same. But, they won't. They are lazy and boring and, well, I've already said it, un-funny. And I haven't thought about it until now, but a female cast member of color would be nice. I know they tried to get some mileage out of Maya Rudolph being partially black, but that was a stretch. (And I am a big Maya fan!) I don't know. I am just over SNL. It is not even that it is unfunny. It has become something worse than unfunny. It is predictable.

truth hurts

*sighs, when are people going to wake up? Obama is not an experienced politician. Look at the condition of his district in Illinois alone, They are worse off now than before he was elected into the Senator seat. Oh yes, he has done wonders for them hasnt he?

Also look who he affiliates himself with:

Sen Meeks, an openly racist who hates whites and gays (he helped Obama succeed in politics)

Mr. Ayers of the Weather Underground, a man who killed police and tried to bomb the US Capitol; In the sixties, Ayers advocated that young people kill their parents, and Bernardine Dohrn (Ayer’s partner) praised the Charles Manson murders.
Ayers spoke at events organized by Michelle Obama; Barack Obama spoke at events organized by Ayers.

Mr. McPeaks is Obama’s military adviser and national campaign co-chairman who claim that American Jews are the "problem." and “Christian Zionists were driving America's policy in Iraq to benefit Israel.”

Robert Malley a close senior adviser to Obama who advocates negotiations with Hamas and providing international assistance to the terrorist group.

Mr. Wright a racist who hates America and whites with Hitleresque triads. Mr. Wright has been Mr. Obama’s spiritual mentor for over 20 years. Before the media exposed Mr. Wright, Mr. Wright was on Obama’s campaign staff as Obama's chief religious advisor. Mr. Wright and Mr. Meeks are ideologically closer to Karl Marx and Black Nationalism, than to Christianity.

Michelle Obama trumpets Obama as “the second coming of the messiah,” and also states that she “has never been proud to be an AMERICAN in her adult life".

ACORN, an organization fraught with controversy for, among other scandals, its fraudulent voter registration activities on behalf of Democratic candidates. Rather than returning any profits made in the long-term from the economic rescue package, Democrats want to first reward their radical allies at ACORN for their (often illegal) help in getting Democrats elected to office.

Shall I go on? This all can be googled and verified

I researched both candidates to make an educated decision on who I am going to vote for. Obama also makes numerous gaffe's, and has continually lied about his life and religion. His own half-sister spoke out on his childhood and religion.

Obama states one week he is behind one key position, then the next week will go the other way because it is the popular thing to do. Wishy washy. Is this the way you want America run??

Obama is a great orator if he is handed a script to read from, otherwise he stumbles over words. I am sorry there are enough actors in America.

McCain may have "one foot in the grave" as some have stated before but I know he cares about America, he risked his life for freedom, I know where he came from and what he has done for the past 20-30 years. Where did Obama come from (I had never heard of him until he announced he was running for President), and what has he done in his 4 years in politics? FYI Sarah Palin has been a politician for longer, since 1992 as city council. A Mayor in 1996, then Governor in 2006. Obama was a teacher and community organizer before being elected Senator in 2004. A junior senator at that. Hmmm, when did community organizer qualify you to be president?

Just food for thought

EDUCATE YOURSELF AMERICA, DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELF, USE THAT COMPUTER FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN MAKING FUN OF OTHERS, OR FOLLOWING THE "POPULAR PEOPLE". Please dont let the celebrities or in crowd sway you vote. Think for yourself.

DaveO

The democrats are really running scared and the media is following suit. Now that the bailout has passed the neysayers are already out saying how it won't work. With all your bush bashing who you are going to blame for the bailout and completly forget that the democrats pushed this bill (This PORK laden bill with LIPSTICK on it) We and our children are going to pay dearly for this huge mistake. All the humor that SNL can make is going to be forgotten when we start paying. Its a great laugh now just like how we wanted blood after 911 five years from now we are going to regret it. The democrats are fools pie in the sky fools found something that the republicans wanted to pass and pulled out every BS bill they ever wanted and threw it in knowing this is a keeper nevermind that most of the PORK is not good for the country. All you know it all Democrats read the friggen bill. This bill is the future and Obama has plenty more where that came from.

sparkys nemesis

Well why don't we just have Tina Fey run for office since she's so powerful? Pullleeeze.

truthbearer

Hey # 18. what a loser.. Blame the white man game.. Why don't we all just sit around and join Obama in a line of white powdery substance while he runs the country. Nothing like a powdery nose and your finger on the button.

Goodmorning

CHICAGO

Body count in the last six months:
- 292 murdered in Chicago,
- 221 killed in Iraq.

Our leadership in Illinois: Sen. Barack Obama, Sen. D ick Durbin,
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan,
Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley .....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago.

Of course they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.

Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25%, highest in country.

Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

This is the political machine that Obama says he comes from in Illinois.

Now Obama says he's gonna "fix" Washington politics?

Goodmorning

Dear Mr. Obama,

It is August 30, 2008. I have followed your campaign closely, including the speeches you and others made at the democratic national convention. I am respectfully providing you with seven simple reasons why I could never vote for you. I believe my opinion is shared by many people. While there may not be quite enough of us to prevent you from becoming president of this nation, I think there is an awakening to the fact that you are not the messiah the media and liberal Hollywood entertainers are trying to portray you to be.

1.. I hear your mantra of change, change, change. Yet, you picked a long term, liberal, Washington insider (Joe Biden) to be your running mate. This is NOT change. It is a move that hypocritically refutes the very thing you supposedly stand for. Your campaign then slammed McCain for picking Sarah Palin, apparently, because she is NOT a Washington insider. She is a maverick who cleaned-up Alaska's quagmire of political scandals. So which way is it, Barack? Is it okay for you to pick a Washington insider under the mantra of "change", but not okay for John McCain to pick a smart, aggressive, reformer?

2.. You have the single most liberal voting record in the senate. This indicates to me and others like me that you are an angry black man seeking to punish our country for sins of a different generation. I am not racist. I have some biases just like you and every other human alive. Unlike the democratic party who claims to be for the minority (but their record heavily refutes this), I will give help to any person who truly needs it. I married a "minority" (he is Hispanic) and have seen the evils of prejudice first hand. However, I have also seen my husband and my children and others in his family throw off the veil of self imposed prejudicial bondage and move ahead. They love our country and do not view themselves any different than I view myself as a citizen of this country. Your wife so disappointed people like me during this campaign when she stated it was the first time she had ever been proud of this country. She apparently never noticed the massive aid we give dozens of other countries. She apparently never noticed the sacrifice of literally millions of veterans who helped make this country a free nation and helped liberate other nations from brutal dictators such as Adolf Hitler. She apparently does not remember that she attended Ivy League universities with scholarship money that ultimately (at least some of it) was paid for by our taxes. This troubles me more than you know. She is an angry black woman who appears to not like her country very much, and I don't want her representing me to the rest of the world.

3.. You claim Christianity but apparently do not realize that the Bible teaches that he who does not work, does not eat. Yet, your liberal policies reward people who are capable of working, but choose to not do so. This bothers me. I know if you are elected our taxes will spiral upwards. You should heed the words of Winston Churchill: "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." If I like anything about you, it is your campaign promise to balance the federal budget. Unfortunately, we have heard this a huge number of times from a number of different politicians, and we realize that when you energize the very liberal Nancy Pelosi, Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, etc, and the many other democrats like them, a balanced budget will never, ever happen on your watch.

4.. During your question and answer session with Rick Warren of Saddleback Church your answer concerning the question of where does life begin, stunned me: "Above your pay grade?" Does this mean when something bad happens as President of this nation that you are going to look at your salary to determine if you can respond? This was the most serious gaffe I have seen you make. Frankly, it shows me you are pandering in the most obvious manner. You will choose your words not from your heart, but from an agenda that I believe is still hidden from the American people.

5.. If anything stands out about you it is probably your appeasement mentality. In this era of rampant, radical, Islamic extremism and with the latest stunt pulled by the re-energized Russian government, I am sure appeasement is not healthy. I again refer to the words of Winston Churchill: "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

6.. You and your party believes that a 13 or 14 year old girl must have the parents' approval to have the school nurse provide them a Tylenol when they have a headache at school. Yet, this same girl can become pregnant and the school can run her off to a clinic and abort the child in her body without the parents knowing or being notified. This scares the hell out of me. Yo

lighten up

SNL is just a show. If you dont like it, change the channel. I myself am a Sarah Palin fan and dont see why anyone is bothered by who makes fun of her, I've actually laughed at several jokes made about her. Its just a show people!! And anyone whos vote is swayed because of a celebrity opinion is a moron. No wonder we are looked upon by other countires as stupid americans. Use your own brain!!

Kathryn

I am tired of Palin lugging her infant special needs child around like a sack of potatoes. The child should have been home in bed. What a sickening attempt to garner support from parents with special needs children. That woman needs to go home and take care of her children. If she doesn't, her poor little girl that was also trying to hold him, is going to end up raising that child for her mother. Physician -- heal thyself!

Bash a Pap

You conservatives are a total joke. Want info on Obama? Here:

Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 570 bills in the 109th and 110th Congress.

Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 15 bills that have become LAW since he joined the Senate in 2005.

Senator Obama has also introduced amendments to 50 bills, of which 16 were adopted by the Senate.

His record is in fact quite impressive for a junior Senator from Illinois.

Most of his legislative effort has been in the areas of:

* Energy Efficiency and Climate Change (25 bills)
* Health care (21 bills) and public health (20 bills)
* Consumer protection/labor (14 bills)
* The needs of Veterans and the Armed Forces (13 bills)
* Congressional Ethics and Accountability (12 bills)
* Foreign Policy (10 bills)
* Voting and Elections (9 bills)
* Education (7 bills)
* Hurricane Katrina Relief (6)
* The Environment (5 bills)
* Homeland Security (4 bills)
* Discrimination (4 bills)

And by the way... your big war hero McCain voted against increasing benefits for our military men adn women fighting in Iraq.

Sharona

It's such a one sided deal. If they were making fun of Obama all we would hear is racist comments. Racism is still around, the only probably it's not the whites that are causing it.

Sharona

Kathryn I guess you would then throw your child in the corner like a sack of potatoes and hide them. She's a great lady.....with a knockout body!