Oh, Brother!

10/4/2008 8:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 61-year-old resurfaced at a Hollywood event, looking satiated.
Richard Carpenter

In 1983, Richard's 32-year-old sister Karen Carpenter died of cardiac arrest due to her long battle with anorexia nervosa.

In 2003, Karen and her parents were exhumed from Forest Lawn Memorial Park and re-interred at Pierce Brothers Valley Oaks Memorial Park in Westlake Village, Calif.

Utah Dude

FIRST!

savvydude

Easily one of the most talented persons on the planet. Looking good, Rich.

Tangerine

This was a great group. He looks great

get well soon

I love this guy! Long live the Carpenters!!!!

Kevin

If only he’d have given Karen a sandwich

get well soon

Kevin you are so funny (rolling my eyes). That music is timeless!!! And the non hits are even better!!!!

BLT

Save the Downey House Rich!

Kay

Looking 'satiated.' I had to laugh. Are the writers trying to build their vocabulary? So often the comment is inane. Why don't you just show the person, their name, and where the photo was taken, and let readers make up their OWN minds?

Brendolyn

The loss of Karen Carpenter was a huge blow to the music industry and a tragedy to her fans. She was easily one of the best vocalists of all time. The loss to Richard must have been monumental and beyond comprehension to anyone else. I wish him all the best.

Gidget521

"That guy" from The Carpenters? Are you kidding me??? Richard, you look wonderful!!! Long live The Carpenters!

Kathy

Let's see what Karen looks like today! All Throwed up!

Princess

My kids went to school with Richard and Mary Carpenter's kids. I always felt that Richard was a very caring and giving individual. He was at his kids' school events, even helped at the Christmas play on the piano. It was a real treat for us parents who truly knew the magic of the Carpenters to listen to Richard playing Christmas music before a small audience. I think its evident by his long marriage and his happy kids that Richard is a classy person. And if you are not aware of his generosity just come by the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza someday and see the results of the Carpenters generous gift to the community. Hope we all have a chance to know people like this in our lifetimes!

AJ

The Carpenters were wonderful and Karen had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. Their music will live forever.

perky

I'm only 32 now, and I'm a huuuuuuuge Carpenters fan. I don't even know why! I totally missed the boat when they were big in the 70's, but I got turned on to their music in the 90's and never looked back. I swear if I could bring one deceased celebrity back to life, it would be Karen. It's wonderful to see Richard looking so well, and I love seeing other people share their thoughts and memories in these comments!

aliceathom

And you guys complain about British teeth!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments