"90210" Doc Disciplined Over Lipo

10/6/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael OmidiA popular doc who has appeared on "Dr. 90210" has been placed on three years probation by the Medical Board of California. He was accused of being "grossly negligent" in treating several patients -- including one featured on the show.

According to Medical Board documents, Dr. Michael Omidi performed liposuction for an episode of the show at a facility that was not accredited, a charge that the Dr. admitted. The docs also claim he didn't properly document the painkillers he administered.

The Board alleged, "Dr. Omidi's use of general anesthesia on this patient with a loss of his life preserving reflexes at an unaccredited outpatient facility is an extreme departure from the standard of care." the physician admitted performing three surgeries using general anestetics.

The Medical Board also said Dr. Omidi used the unaccredited facility two other times and failed to document a prescription for oxycodone.

The Board actually revoked Dr. Omidi's license, but then reinstated it and placed the Dr. on probation.

DJ

Isn't this the same guy who used care Lube on his patients? If so, he should have had his license revoked. Even done some jail time maybe.

Disgusting

What does it take for the medical board [and the State Bar, too] to pull licenses of negligent doctors (and lawyers) ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is sooo much doctor negligence that goes on that the public never hears about because the medical board doesn't make the info public and they only seem to take action in the most extreme occasional cases with media attention.

Just because a doctor's record does not show any action taken against him/her by the medical board does NOT mean he has not committed negligence.

It just means that self-policing (doctors monitoring doctors) DOES NOT WORK. Proceed with caution, people. And when a doctor does something wrong, REPORT IT, REPORT IT REPORT IT. It will help the next person.

Monica

This dude even looks like a huge d. bag - where there is smoke there is fire! Just because a dr. is on tv doesn't mean he is reputable - paging Dr. Jan Adams! Shows like this are only going to put people on that will make good story lines - they don't care if they are good docs or not! plus i saw the show and those Dr. Omidi brothers seem like sociopaths and this proves it!

firstamendment girl

As someone, who works in the medical field, I can only warn patients to throughly check out their credentials AND the facilities where surgery is performed. Make sure that the Doc and the surgery facility have been certified.

Dan

was dr will kirby's name mentioned anywhere?

anthony

i saw the show with this doctor..... and believe that one is influenced by what they see on t.v. i though "wow seems like a good iranian plastic surgeon...." well i was wrong ... and will never go see any doctor except dr. rey.... although i am not a woman so .... another foreing doctor abusing the oath he took as a doctor..............and this country allows this type of medical crimes that places people in danger... how would you like it if the patient was your sister, your mother, your aunt, your friends..........................and that is what happens ............someones loved one is placed in danger......

Kara

He looks like a CROOK a real looser..I would not let him take my TEMP..He looks trashie..Dumb women WAKE UP

big d

HOW CAN YOU AT TMZ LET THE COMMENT OF SAND MONKEY. SLANT EYE, OR BIG LIPPED MONKEY. MAKE ON THE COMMENT SECTION. THAT IS PURELY UNACCEPTABLE BY TMZ AND I WILL NO LONGER READ THIS SITE!!!

Robin

OMG!!I want to Dr. Omidi's office for a consultation. I hated it! A member of Dr. Omidi's staff (secretly) told me to go upstairs to Dr. Alex Kim's office. What a difference. I ended up having the most perfect breast aug. Dr. Kim even put me on his web site.
It scares me to think of the mistake that I almost made.OMG! OMG!!! Make sure your doctor is certified!

kiki

I have had lipo and a few other procedures. I can't imagine what I would have done to find out that the doctor I chose was a whackjob D-bag.... I will say, it took me a long time to decide and look into which doctor I wanted to perform on MY body. People think that just because these doctors are on tv that they have all the licensing they SHOULD HAVE. MOST have been found to NOT have the creditials that they should. PLEASE, anyone who is going to get surgery on or for ANYTHING, make sure you truly check out the doctor that is doing it. Take the extra time to google or whatever means you have to do it. I found a GREAT doctor in Annapolis, Maryland. He has actually invented new ways to do some of the procedures that are now done all over the country, and I didn't have to pay those 90210 prices for a fake doc!!! I got the REAL THING! Thank GOD

Me

I HAD A BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH DR. OMIDI AND THEY CAME OUT AWESOME!! HE'S A VERY NICE DR! THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS HIS STAFF ARE A BUNCH OF DIMWITS THAT ALL SHOULD BE FIRED THEY ARE BAD FOR HIS PRACTICE. I WANTED OTHER PROCEDURES FROM DR. OMIDI BUT THANKS TO HIS DUMB AZZ PEOPLE IN HIS FRONT OFFICE I OPTED OUT. WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS DR. IT FALSE HE IS A VERY GOOD SURGEON AND COULDNT HAD ASKED FOR BETTER BOOBS THEY ROCK!

Karen

He is certified. That is why board certification means nothing - ethics. morals, and good trining is what matters. This guy is certified and many other certified doctors are in major hot water out there. The first key is to look at training - make sure residency is in plastic surgery, the next is to check that the facility is accredited and that anesthesiologists and not nurse aneshetists are used, and lastly, check with the state medical board to see if they're in any trouble (every state has one).

Mimi

Just because he has talent doesnt mean that he is not a liar. There is no excuse for being a liar. Some people chose to make money over keeping people safe. I'm glad I never let him operate on me.

Niki

I have had 2 major surgeries with Dr. Michael Omidi, and I must say I am very pleased with his work, his bedside manners, his staff and after care. I had a breast reductin and tummy tuck and I will always be grateful to him for restoring my self-esteem. Its unfortunate that ex-patients take legal actions against a wonderful doctor. Dr.Omidi, my heart and prayers go out to you!! Thank you for all yout help!

Niki

To poster #1, no this is not the same doctor, they just look alike. The ther guy was from Argentina I think!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments