Katie Couric Swats Palin ... with the Economist

10/6/2008 1:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When Katie Couric was spotted in NYC and asked to specifically name the magazines she reads, KC was savvy enough to answer the question (The Economist), crack a joke, and shred Sarah Palin -- all at the same time.
Katie Couric: Click to watch
How's that for "gotcha journalism!?"

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Jolene

I am SICK of hearing about Palin and how wonderful she is. My son went to school with her in Alaska and she was a tramp in school!!! She has had numerous affairs and leaves her children with other people alk the time. She is NOT a soccer MOM. She is a liar!!!!

2016 days ago

Mr. A

Jolene~

Shorten that up a bit and you have it 100% correct. You Liberals are just plain "SICK"....nuff said!

2016 days ago

stupid women & the religious right

Silly Mr. A~
I wouldn't dream of saying anything about any of your family members, and as for the collective disappointment in both you and AL GOREs VAGINA for completely wrong, disturbing, (and on your part, EXTREMELY racist) disgusting posts.. I did not imply to know anything about your mothers.. only to assume as proper conservative women, they would be SO proud to know that's how your spare time is filled.. anonymously accusing the opposing party of being nazis, and thinking it's funny to imitate a different race to make some off the wall point about how a person's skin color means they couldn't POSSIBLY share the same dialect as yourself. Jackass.

2016 days ago

Mr. A

Liz~

You make it so easy to prove all my points AGAINST you irresponsible, naive and usually vulgar and asinine LIBERALS! All you have to do is throw the same sh@# they dish out BACK AT'EM and, well....people like YOU pop up out of the turds crying "HEY THIS STINKS!"

Well NO SH@#?? Don't like the looks of YOURSELF...don't blame the MIRROR!

ignorant slut.

2016 days ago

stupid women & the religious right

Wow.. pop a pill Mr. A, you read like you are gonna start crying or something..
If your post makes sense to you, I suppose that is all that matters, but all that talk of S#!T, etc would have any reader seeing just one vulgar asinine poster..YOU!
I am thrilled with what I see in myself day to day. I am young, vibrant, a friend to all.. I can feel at ease with my life knowing that I do not thrive on tearing anybody else down. I can get entertainment on THIS site despite idiocy from the wingnuts who think they should spew their garbage and lies here because TMZ is on FOX.. look around you fool. You are outnumbered and no matter how angry you get, no matter how you word your propaganda.. you will not win.
I pity you Mr. A, as you have lost your witty zingers, and have now been reduced to a mud-slinging hillbilly who can only make himself feel bigger by belittling others on a gossip site. Very mature, ignorant slut :)

2016 days ago

Mr. A

I don't believe there's anything to "WIN" by coming to TMZ and expressing my contempt for such ignorant-ass liberal-minded jackasses (like yourself) I'm just utilizing my freedom of speech which was already "WON" for me, by our brave ancestors. The ones you like to p!ss on.

Pointing out just how ignorant and naive YOU are (along with all the other Liberals here) is not a contest, with a prize to be won...but just a civic duty. You PUKE...we claim it STINKS, and no matter how many times you try to claim "no..no..no. That's not YOUR puke, it's OURS!" the truth will still remain. You are everything (and worse) that you try to pass off as being OUR flaws.

So..like I've already stated, you're still about as ignorant as they come, but since you claim you're "young" and I'm thinking like what...13 or 14 maybe, I may have to stop trying to debate and argue with a prepubescent child. Now run off and go ask mommy and daddy what you should post next.

2016 days ago

stupid women & the religious right

Idiot.

2016 days ago

Teacher

Katie Couric was obviously playing "gotcha "with Palin, and it was not a PLUS for Katie! Her smirks were inappropriate and demeaning. Katie is not a success at CBS and I think it is time to replace her. I used to be a loyal watcher of the Evening News, but after a few episodes of Katie, I left and won't be coming back. Being liberal is one thing:being fair is another. Shame on you, Katie.

2016 days ago

no guilty liberal leeming

Ask Katie Couric why she has resorted to wearing push up padded bras and showing cleavage on air. Does Katie hope this desperate attempt of an old woman will help her awful ratings?

2003 days ago

comedyguy23

that little interview was nice i mean you did get soemthign out of katie im kinda shocked that she walks alone you would think she would have people with her in case some dumb nut case try to walk with her and then who knows what but i guess katie thinks im a big girl i can take care of myself i also have to add tmz i liked the last shot you got of her she still has a sexy booty!!

1989 days ago