Katie Couric Swats Palin ... with the Economist

10/6/2008 1:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When Katie Couric was spotted in NYC and asked to specifically name the magazines she reads, KC was savvy enough to answer the question (The Economist), crack a joke, and shred Sarah Palin -- all at the same time.
Katie Couric: Click to watch
How's that for "gotcha journalism!?"

barb

Not that I truly believe any of this stuff, but if Obama is the anti-christ and predestined to rule the earth before GOD and Christ come back and literally all hell breaks lose should good Christians and righteous Jews just let it happen? I thought there was something in Revelations that talks about the ones that have the 7 seals in their foreheads will know the truth and will eventually be saved by GOD and Christ and all the others will perish and never get to Heaven and eternal life. I only know enough to get my self in trouble about religion and I suspect WriteRight may have the same problem. If you see wrong you should stop it if you can, that's my philosophy.

Goodmorning

CHICAGO

Body count in the last six months:
- 292 murdered in Chicago,
- 221 killed in Iraq.

Our leadership in Illinois: Sen. Barack Obama, Sen. D ick Durbin,
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan,
Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley .....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago.

Of course they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.

Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25%, highest in country.

Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

This is the political machine that Obama says he comes from in Illinois.

Now Obama says he's gonna "fix" Washington politics?

D

Well said Ned!

D

Oh yeah READ, you and McCain are BFF. he told he exactly how he feels.
shut up.
go do a line with obama.

Dr. H

Anyone who thinks Katie Couric is qualified to render an opinion on anything is as delusional as she is. Have you ever watched any other interview she's done? She is vapid.

D

Oh yeah READ, you and McCain are BFF. he told he exactly how he
feels.

Suck it Republicans

82. Now I am really worried. People are actually taking this Palin
bimbo seriously. Even McCain was starting to regret his decision on
this. How can anyone stand up and be proud to be a Republican right
now? I am just glad that I won't have to hear anymore Repub B.S. for
the next 4 years while we try to fix the damage they have done for
the last 8 years. Way to go people.

www.striptcouture.com

Posted at 3:26PM on Oct 6th 2008 by Stript1
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry. Look at the latest polls. Obama has a comfortable
lead:

Even Karl Rove says "[i]f the election were held today, Obama would
win every state (the then Democratic presidential candidate) John
Kerry won in 2004, while adding New Mexico, Iowa, and Colorado to his
coalition." This would give Obama more than 270, the number needed.

Goodmorning

D learn how to write a sentance...

DaveO

79 Piss Off

Goodmorning

I wouldn't get to excited about the polls! The last two election were wrong........

ProPalin

Katie the Cow Kouric...what a has-been. Sarah is going to get better and better with being raked-over-the-coals reporting by the Loser Liberal media. Say good night Katie, the only reason anyone watches you is because you're interviewing the candidates for vp and president. Your gushing gooey fawning style with Obamanation is so pitiful!
ILoveCelebrityCrap is right.

mom

Dear WriteRight,
I have friends that are black, neighbors that are black, my sister chooses to teach at an predominatly black school at which she coaches sports to which myself and my family attend to support these black kids. I see people, different colors, yes. But people all the same. And I see good people and bad people in all of these colors. It is what makes us all the SAME, the human factor.

I am white. I am not voting for Obama. Does that make me racist? Or could it possibly be that you are racist..................

ProPalin

Strip1 you're wrong.,..we've been trying to clean up the mess the Clintons created. Making banks lend money to anyone who wanted a house? This is why our economy is crumbling now. The Clintons caused this crisis and Bush has been trying to set it right. Stop believing the media, especially ABD NBC and CBS. They are liars.

Republican Mom

I don't think Sarah Palin needs to worry about what the biggest failure in news thinks. I'm thinking Ms. Couric needs to take care of her own knitten before she starts throwing jabs at others. This time next year she maybe covering lizzard races in Nevada if she doesn't.

you guys are great

puh-leeze. katie couric will have plenty of time to read all the magazines she wants when CBS fires her for putting the network news section in the toilet. Impartial journalism is a joke!