Butler Kicks Butt -- LAPD Investigates

10/8/2008 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned Gerard Butler is under criminal investigation for allegedly assaulting a photog.
It allegedly went down early Tuesday in L.A. Gerard was leaving Crown Bar at 2:00 AM and got into his limo. The photog claims he was following Gerard's limo in a car, when the limo suddenly stopped. Gerard supposedly got out of the limo, approached the photog and asked why he was tailing him.

To that, the photog says he responded, "Hey, that's my job." Gerard allegedly then reached in the car, grabbed the photog's throat and and punched him three or four times. Butler allegedly then kicked the car and again punched the photog three or four times -- close-fisted -- for good measure.

The photog went to the hospital for stitches and then filed a police report. The LAPD confirms they're looking into the case and plan on interviewing Gerard.

No immediate comment from Gerard's people.

rob reid

Let me get this straight, 16,000 people have clicked on TMZ, to see the photos, and yet are happy the guy taken the photos got punched out. It is his job to take the photo, only because the same people who click on to view the photo, SOOO if you don't like the photogaphers chasing the Stars - don't click on, and guys won't get paid to take the pictures for YOU!!!

Don't you just love people who aren't smart enough, to know how dumb they are???

Palinmacattack!!!

GOOD 4 THE PAP!!!! SOMEONE NEEDED TO OPEN A CAN A OF WHIP AZZ ON ALL THEM BUMS....THEN WE CAN GET BACK TO REPORTING THINGS THAT REALLY MATTER.

QUESTION WHY DON'T THE PAPS HIT UP THE WHITE HOUSE CHASE AROUND THE PPL WHO SHOULD BE TELLING US WHAT THEY DOING WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS....STAND OUTSIDE SARAH PALINS CRIB TELL US WHAT THAT B^TCH IS DOING.....

scissors

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!

That's what you get papper!!! What are you doing in that picture? Spreading your labia for the whole world to see?

Make sure to tell your friends!

LOL

ugh

Gerard is sooooo good-lookin'.

I'm just sayin'.

Valerie

I am applauding Gerard. It's one thing to take a picture while they're out and about. It's another thing to follow them around. Someone without a camera would get arrested for stalking and harassment. To Attention: I barely come here, only came here because of Gerard. That dirtbag photographer got what he deserved.

Kara

These jerks with 10 foot cameras deserve Large ass kickings and need t be beat up bad...They dont have a job..They are carp, greedy bastards, idiots..I hope one day soon a photog will get the big BLAST -BOOM...They are not proff photographers only rookie punks with no kindness or goodness in them...Guess what I would do???

pammy

the photog deserved what he got. way to go Gerry. i think photogs should only be aloud to take pics of celebs at movie premiers, awards shows etc. not when celebs are out shopping with there kids or out with friends etc. i don't think its right to be in there face all the time.

poopy pants

... and that goes for TMZ paps too. you can do stories without hounding people and provoking them.

I'dLikeToKissGerry

Gerry Butler has the right to go out for a night of fun after attending so many premieres. The guy had just come from the Corwn Bar where some paps already had him getting the digits from some girl who looked like a hooker. If Gerry made an arrangement to meet her somewhere, especially if she's a hooker, I don't think he would like that info to be out there for his family to find out. He has the right to a private life even if it includes hiring cheap hookers along the way. In his situation, I would have done the same. It's already a miracle that Gerry kept his cool for so long. In his shoes, I would already have been charged for assault and battery. I keep my private life as private as he does.

Technophobe

Yes, how is ti possible he was being followed in a limousine when he actually left that night in his own car? OK! Who's trying to sell razzi stories on the back of Gerard Butler, here? He's a very patient man and is known as not being confrontational so I seriously doubt this happened. And why does the pap has only a fat lip if he's got repeatedly punched by hunky Gerard? A man like Gerard packs quite a wallop and the paps should have been in the hospital with broken ribs and jaw if that had been the case. I know, if it had been me being followed after a night on the town and that for hours, and I'm knowns as a very patient and calm person, the paps would have had more than a fat lip for sure. Way to go, Gerry!

Sues

Is that lip pic really necessary? What a dog.

Church Dude

I totally agree with Gerard on this one. That paparazzi looks like and @ssh0le and really needs to be beaten up. I would lay waste on this idiot paparazzi if I'm in Gerard's place. The paparazzi got what he deserves. It sucks to be him! :)

Teresa

#7, you're an IDIOT!!!!! The pap was way out of line. Clearly Gerard didn't want to be tailed. So, he got what he deserved!

CB

LB, Conversely, is it okay for these slimeballs to jostle, push and shove their cameras intrusively into a celebrities face without being invited? In my opinion, Gerard has shown a great restraint up to this point. No one knows for sure what provoked it except for the people involved and now that Gerard is gaining in popularity, every dirty little weasal is going to try and get a strip of his flesh. While I'd normally agree, violence isn't the answer, a lot of times these people give the celebrity that they're hounding no choice but to react with violence because that's all these people will listen and respond to. As far as I'm concerned, Gerard should've curbstomped him.

Princess Ali Baba

GButler doesn't drink, so he wasn't drunk, he was alert. This idiot pap deserved what he got. I am sure all of LA is applauding him for doing what everyone, whether celeb or not, would like to do. I've seen the paps chase a celeb
and it's insane. No one deserves to be stalked like an animal. And at 2am in the morning!
This pap is going to try to get some money, of course! That GB sure packs a punch though, damn what a sexy man!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments