« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Archuleta's Pitchy Performance Busts Up No-Hitter

10/11/2008 11:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta almost became a legend to the fans of Tampa Bay last night.

During last night's ALCS game between the Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays -- Red Sox ace Daisuke Matsuzaka was on his way to a no-hitter.

Then during the seventh inning stretch Archie sang "God Bless America." The next pitch thrown by Dice-K -- a single to right, busting up the no hit bid.

Archie's jinx didn't last long though. The Red Sox still won the game 2-0.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rick Roll

Damn You Archuleta!!

Fugilebrity

Get with it TMZ, that Tampa Bay Devil Rays logo is long gone. The devil has been exorcised!

Fugilebrity

Thanks for correcting to the contemporary logo

Mickytara

Why do you always have to pick on that nice clean cut boy, what did he ever do to you?

Baseball Junkie

Hey, we won. It's all good.

Go Sox

davidarchuletafanforever

DAVID SOUNDED AMAZING, AS ALWAYS, AND LOOKED SUPER CUTE, AS ALWAYS, AND DON'T FORGET!! - HIS CD WILL BE IN STORES ON NOVEMBER 11!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reta

Can't STAND him, used to have to mute my TV to save my eardrums from bleeding when he was trying to torture me to death on AI!!! GAWD!!!! Hope Im never forced to hear him somewhere like that live where I can't get away!!!

socal

#5 I'm sure you'll find a way.

Anywho I'm counting down until November 11.

davidarchuletafanforever

also, congrats to david!!!! HIS VIDEO, CRUSH, IS #1 ON VH1'S TOP 20 COUNTDOWN!!

goboywonder

God has blessed America with the gifted Boy Wonder--David Archuleta.

twixxbars

he sounded great! i don't know what u're talking about..

he was robbed. American Idol is rigded!!

Braindamaged2too

If all you "I Love David" chippies think he's so awesome now just wait til he hits puberty!!!

lowell

I DON'T THINK GOD BLESS AMERICA SHOULD BE SUNG AS THE SEVENTH INNING STRETCH SONG !!!!

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME !!!

THEY ONLY WANT TO SING THAT BERCAUSE OF 9/11 WHICH HAPPENED SEVEN YEARS AGO

HELLO

WAKEUP

THOSE WHO DIED THAT DAY, WOULD SHAKE THEIR HEAD, AND AGREE WITH ME !!!

US LIVING FOLKS HAVE 2 KEEP REMEMBERING THEM !!!!

GET A LIFE

GET ON WITH IT

SEVENTH INNING IS NO TO TIME FOR PATRIOTISM !!!

ITZ JUST BASEBALL, DUH !!!!

WE RE

samantha

TMZ you are such LOSERS! What is the matter, your lack of talent is running out of material to write now?
I was at the game and David Archuleta's voice and singing WAS VOCAL PERFECTION. I guess when TMZ hires losers with no talent who are only good at stalking people and making up stories about David Archuleta, is pretty pathetic. I suggest you spend sometime in Jail instead. I believe STALKING is illega and in jail you might have some real stories about bad people to write about. Needless to say you will be among people like yourselves. LOSERS!!!

TMZ we don't see your name on the winner's list or the No. 1 hits. Jealous much?

samantha

TMZ you must be really running out of news. All you are perfect at is stalking people and spreading rumours about everyone.
I was at the game, David Archuleta's os God Bless America was pitch perfect. He was not the one playing the game. Before you know it you will be blaming the bad economy on this young man too. Well at least David Cook was not the one singing this. You want to have a few laughs check out his Star Spangled Banner singing at various ball games. Cook had (utube) My grandmother could have done a better job. Must be really tough seeing how successful and popular David Archuleta has become, since TMZ's talents are only on stalking people. Your family must be very proud. Can't stand that a 17 year old is getting more attention than the losers working at TMZ?

Despite what you think and the rumors you continue to spread and trying to tarnish this artist's reputation, his new single is still breaking records and showing on top of the charts. I wish we could say that about your news spreading rumors ability. Some of you are clueless when it comes to anybody singing with vocal perfection. MORONS!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments