Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero

10/15/2008 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 69-year-old resurfaced at a NYC event, looking stunning.
Connie Francis
In 1974, Connie was raped at a Howard Johnson's Lodge after a performance at the Westbury Music Fair. The rapist was never found.

Connie has been divorced four times and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Zeitguess

WTF? The woman has been making music since the '50s and THIS is what you post about her? SMH.

houstonray

Ms. Wildenstein, is that you??

L

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a poster in med schools for plastic surgeons about "How Not to Make a Face Look"
Good Lord, girl, get your money back!!!

shirleyfeeney

She's had such a sad life...glad to see she's still around though

Haters, back off...research her and have some common decency...

Carolyn A-B

You said it, Shirley.

Connie had a domineering father and a protected upbringing, but her immense talents helped her break through to the adoring masses. She was a positive role model, and a beautiful Italian American lady. She was classy and classic. (Are you listening, Madonna? This singer didn't have to shock audiences, she had the goods and our attention was drawn to her.)

She is on record as regretting her nose job, as it adversely affected the quality of her singing. And she finally broke free from her father's over-arching treatment.

I still regret the time I missed her free concert in the Bronx in the 1980s because my hairdresser kept me waiting for so darn long. (Who's sorry now, indeed.)

Connie Francis was a remarkable recording artist, and she overcame a lot to become one. God bless, Concetta, and thanks for the memories.

Kathryn

I love Connie Francis' music and I know about the hard life that she has had. However, its sad to see that she's unrecognizable with all the plastic surgery. I don't know why women just can't age naturally. Its really sad.

me

that was a positive message you wrote Carolyn A-B. thank you, connie is one of my favorites too.

LH

Beautiful Connie Francis was a top pop star back in the 1960's. I cannot think of even one female singer today who can come close to Connie's style and talent. Connie's personal life was flawed with pain and suffering however, we never stopped loving her. I want her to know that she still has many adoring fans around the world.

vixis

Beach Party Bingo! You Go Ms. Francis! You look awesome, one of my two favorite albums is "Happiness" and "Country Music Connie Francis Style". You still have loyal fans Ms Francis, keep on rollin'.

Liz

Thank you Connie, for all the memories!

Walter

Stunning? Yeah, as in Taser. Happy Halloween.

sandyduncansglasseye

wow...she looks pretty bad. I saw her a few years back. She was so drunk on stage she had to prop herself up and she forgot the words to her songs. But she will always remain an icon. She is a legend.

carol

Thank you Connie for all the Happy Memories. This woman had a sad life - be nice to her. I believe the Love of Her Lilfe Was Bobby Darin but her family wouldn't allow them to be together. Very sad.

puckhater

There's no arguing that her plastic surgery efforts have done her no good, but the harshness I'm seeing here is really sickening. I read her autobiography years ago, and she has overcome some devastating things. Not only was she raped, she was treated with horrible callousness and indifference by the hospital staff who examined and treated her afterward. She has had to deal with mental illness and other issues. I'm happy that the woman is still alive and functional, frankly. She is a talented woman, and definitely a survivor, and she deserves to be respected for that.

Ihma Khunt

People are starving to death in Africa. Hard life? I dont care about this old WHORE!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments