Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero

10/15/2008 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 69-year-old resurfaced at a NYC event, looking stunning.
Connie Francis
In 1974, Connie was raped at a Howard Johnson's Lodge after a performance at the Westbury Music Fair. The rapist was never found.

Connie has been divorced four times and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

LH

Bitter young people are always attacking the elder stars. That just goes to prove that young people are insecure and cannot handle proof that the older stars were superior to the medicrity around today.

puckhater

Suzie, I think it's safe to say that she doesn't care about you, either. Thanks so much for sharing your intellectual, compassionate side.

VS

Are you people aware her brother was shot mafia style? That took a lot out of her. Then her father broke up her relationship with Bobby Darin the love of her life. Then the poor woman was rape. How would you look if all that happend to you? Ask
yourselves! She is lucky to be walking at all. She still has the best voice I ever heard! She can sing! Watch where the boys are she is in the movie. Great girl! Stay strong Connie!

jonnot

Wonderful singer...corny as it may be, but I still get teary-eyed when I hear her sing MaMa. The real problem with this shot--unflattering though it is--seems to be Ms. Francis' make-up: it appears to have been applied with a trowel. That being said; there certainly isn't a more talented, hard-working woman in Show Business. You go, girl!

Ihma Khunt

Acca, I think she could care less about you too. Do you think she would give you a piece of toilet paper that she wiped her old wrinkled ass with? Raped in a MOTEL? If she was such a STAR why wasn't she in a HOTEL? Thanks for your intellectual comment.

a2burns

i will always love connie francis. gloria estefan i thought was going to do the movie about her life. i always remembered the rape. i sleep with all my windows closed plus chairs against my doors so it won't happen to me. i stopped going to clubs when i was drugged and raped so i know what it is like. you never forget and you relive it everyday of your life.. women young and old protect yourselves it could happen to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rita

Keep on keeping on, Connie. Love ya. Your music is timeless, beautiful voice.

Rita

Acca - you should be ashamed. Hotel, motel, street corner, dorm, what's the difference? Nobody should have to endure what she endured. Show some compassion.

LH

Music Producer Morty Craft discovered Neil Sedaka & the Tokens. Neil Sedaka wrote "Stupid Cupid". Connie Francis recorded "Stupid Cupid". That song never fails to lift my spirits. Does anyone know if Neil Sedaka and/or Connie Francis ever made it into the Music Hall of Fame?

Try this site for a sample of Connie's songs. I agree that Mama is one of her greatest. I play it every Mother's Day. I get goose bumps or tears-for-my-own-Mama when I listen to her sing that song.

Fran M.

Connie Francis is a GORGEOUS woman, BEAUTIFUL BOTH INSIDE AND OUT, and is still gracing us with her BEAUTIFUL presence and BEAUTIFUL voice on stages all over the country and around the world. I am so grateful to still be enjoying this beautiful lady with her most beautiful voice today, as I have over the last 50 years. May God always bless Connie Francis.
Fran

Maizie

Joycelen W whats her name and Connie surely had the same plastic surgeon. They exactly alike now - Wow.

CA

Suzie, and Captain Kirk, ( or is that SLEEZIR and Capt JERK??)
Get Mental Healty check ups will you?
There are no HOTELS in Westbury! You dip. She stayed where there was a room. Idiot!
WHORE! Is a very harsh word, she is not. Madonna (That is a WHORE) Trust me! GIVING! Is her middle name. She gives MORE to her fans then any enetertainer on the planet! Connie is a true lady in every way. She did do like Madge and sleep her way to the MIDDLE, she has talent and USED it to become the BEST of the BEST singer I ever heard. Yes, I am OLD and I am so GLAD, because if I were Young I might be as stupid as YOU!
C A

Ihma Khunt

Dont mind me, I am just a bitter old bitch!

Rita

To CA - You go, girl! Loved your post.

mflynn6680

Connie, You still have so many fans everywhere. Your inner beauty will always remain and be apparent as ever. What a beautiful and really timeless voice you had. and I 'm sure you still do. God bless you, many people love you and respect
your courage, past, present and future. Thank you for all. A fan forever!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments