"Desperate Housewives" in Critical Condition

10/15/2008 3:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned Gale Harold, the actor who plays Teri Hatcher's boyfriend on "Desperate Housewives," was seriously injured yesterday in a motorcycle accident. And, contrary to what Harold's rep says, a hospital spokesperson just told us the actor is in "critical condition."
Gale Harold
He's being treated at the L.A. County - USC Medical Center in the Intensive Care Unit. We're told his shoulder was screwed up. Harold's rep just issued a statement saying his shoulder was fractured and he's in "stable condition," despite what the hospital rep said. And the slightly ominous words from his rep -- "Everyone is hopeful for a full recovery."

"D.H." creator Marc Cherry says Harold has swelling of the brain but is expected to recover.

BTW, Harold also starred in "Queer as Folk."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Barfalufugus

I hope he recovers soon!

L.S

wow thats terrible hope he's ok..

dont know

That's what you get for being an idiot and riding a motorcycle. Helmet or not, it's not a good thing to do. Anyone in this day and age that rides a motorcycle deserves the injuries they receive.

L.S

I hate motorcycles!!! This guy finally gets a dream job and he gets on a motorcycle.

Lizz

Not Gale! I have been a huge fan since QAF. LOVED him as Brian Kinney.
Gale is so hot and such a great actor.
Hope he is ok.

L.S

Marc Cherry is a A HOLE he's not gonna wait for you buddy..

Tangie

LIAR! If he is on Desperate Housewives he is not a "star" !!

lost in lalaland

Tardo-that's a very appropriate name for you.

Reine

I hope he gets well soon so he doesn't get let go from Desperate Housewives.

dee

Gale was already a star when he joined Desperate Housewives. Get better soon, Gale!

Philip

RE: tardo

You retarded fool!

SuperStarSteve

Motorcycles + LA traffic = accident(s). It sounds like a good idea. Hop on a motorcycle and zip through traffic almost effortlessly until some old lady or those who cannot see even a big rig pull out or lane change in front of you. I personally know of 3 people at work who have been in accidents while trying to ride a motorcycle. I have witnessed a motorcycle accident (the guy on the motorcycle clipped a car on the 10 fwy), and he lost control...luckily for him traffic wasn't moving that fast.

Brad Pitt zooms around town on a motorcycle, and so do others, but one thing that the safe drivers have in common is that they don't zip in and out of tricky situations. They go with the flow...I've asked those who don't get into accidents what they do..etc.

I want to ride a motorcycle, but I just don't trust most of the idiots on the road here in the TMZ.

areyoukiddingme

tardo, are you retarded? what a horrid thing to say.

dont know

No, since I don't ride a motorcycle, that makes me smart, not a fool!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

There have been SO MANY motorcycle accidents lately. :( I suppose it's just because more people are riding bikes to save gas? Everyday almost there is a fatal motorcycle accident somewhere on the southern California freeways.

Be CAREFUL people.