Madge and Guy -- Officially Splitsville

10/15/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Madonna and Guy Ritchie are divorcing, their rep has confirmed.

"Madonna and Guy Ritchie have agreed to divorce after seven-and-a-half years of marriage. They have both requested that the media maintain respect for their family at this difficult time," says a statement given to the AP.

The joint statement from Madge and Guy's reps emphasizes the couple haven't agreed to any kind of settlement. We're told by sources in London and NYC the matter will most likely be hashed out in London, even though Madge could move to bring the matter to the US if she wanted.

Just to set the scene, Madonna is in Boston, Guy is in the UK, and A-Rod was last spotted in L.A.

The Ritchies are splitting up after 8 years of marriage.

Story developing ...

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

notabunny

Ok I wasn't going to say anything but... I liked her a lot when she first popped into our consciousness, she always had balls of steel and I'll bet 99% of you either bought her albums, danced/sang to her music and/or dressed like her! So why all the b*tching now?

We all want a SO at some point but perhaps marriage in this silicone-tolerant society is just not meant to be. Especially in the high-and-mighty oxygen-strapped spheres of entertainment. (except for MJackson andd his oxytanks, har har)

So no, I'm not surprised either, but hey, give her a break. She can have A-Hole if she wants him, let her give it another go! Madge, do your thing, You English accent-Kabbalah loving-razor cheekbones catty non-singer/slash/dancer! Gives me hope! If you can do it...!!!

Note to Guy: when's your next movie coming out????? :-)

Marie

Madonna is a crazy person. I feel sorry for her children. If Guy gets her money all the power to him since he had to live with her as long as he did. Her brother even has her number. Perhaps it is not nice to air your family problems in public but she is nothing but a jerk. I even question her talent. I guess it's just luck. She even broke up Rodriguez and his wife. Granted he was a philanderer any way but as a woman I would never go with a married man especially one with children. I wonder how does she feel about herself? But what am I saying she seems to be an unfeeling person who only thinks about herself, and what sells records. She is just lucky she doesn't have to count on me buying her records I prefer a performer with a little talent instead of stupid stunts.

Guy wish you all the luck you are lucky her fangs are not holding on to you now. You are free to date a decent human being. MPT

Giza101

It was over since long ago. Who knows if Guy married Madonna for financial reasons especially that they had to get married in London instead of the U.S. Its unfortunate that with all the fame, success, & wealth it never seems like its not enough. Brittney & K-Fed r the example of it!

tammy

CONGRATULATIONS to Guy

BYEWITCH

HE IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT THAT WITCH. IT IS AMAZING SHE STAYED AROUND THAT LONG.
I FEEL SORRY FOR HER KIDS...ESPECIALLY HER DAUGHTER. SHE HAS SET SOME GOOD EXAMPLES WITH HER SKANKY LIFESTYLE. SARAH PALIN COULD TEACH HER PLENTY. MADONNA THINKS SHE IS ABOVE THE REST, GUY DESERVES SO MUCH BETTER.

SWD

Madonna once said years ago that her personal life was always chaos and I guesss nothing's changed, she can't commit to just one man as she is such a major flirt. I like her music and have some of her albums but I wouldn't want tpo be related to her, I think she would be a real hard nosed bitch and damn near impossible to live with. I just hope that the kids are OK this sort of thing , no matter how rich you are is devastating on the kids. Lets hope they try and keep it civil, but I seriously doubt it folks.

wowza

madonna is probably the most self centered, self absorbed, self reliant, self sustaining, selfISH human on the on the planet-hahahaha! Seriously though, she has accomplished a lot in her life, however, at the price of what and whom? It would have been noble on her part to preserve her marriage for the sake of those kids. We don't know what really takes place behind closed doors. If there is any truth to all the stuff about her self absorbed demeanor, then, what do you say? Is she going to be touring in leotards in 10 years? I guess, we will have to wait and see.....

not my real name

Gee, I can see Madonna has her fans!

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10