Ryan O'Neal Charged in Drug Bust

10/15/2008 7:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Ryan O'Neal and his son Redmond have BOTH been charged with felony possession of methamphetamines.

The 67-year-old actor and his 23-year-old son were arrested at their Malibu home last month after a random probation sweep of the mansion turned up narcotics on Redmond's person and in Ryan's bedroom.

Redmond was also charged with two misdemeanor counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and one misdemeanor count of illegal possession of pepper spray.

Redmond is on probation for a heroin and crystal meth bust earlier in the year.

Both men are scheduled to be arraigned Nov. 13th.

Per

Redmond never had a fair chance. I'm sure he was exposed to drugs and abuse his entire life. Ryan is probably 1000 times worse than any of us realized. And where was Farrah? I'm sure off somewhere with her head in some cloud. He has battled drug problems since his preteen years. Pray for this boy. I blame Ryan and Farrah for this.

Per

4. how did Redmond turn out so unattractive with those 2 as his parents??? don't blame drugs because he was never cute.

Posted at 6:25PM on Oct 15th 2008 by tipsy

Whatever! He looks alot better than Daddy Dearest. I've always thought he was a cute kid. So sad his parents were never there for him. My heart aches for this boy.

anna

the split pic looks like an after/before example of what meth does

glynne1964

What's more embarrassing? Being cellmate with your dad or your son? Hmmmm...either way this story is really f-ed up! Really don't want to be in that household during the upcoming holidays!!! Proably end up in the jail or the hospital or maybe even the morgue. Whatta bunch of loosers!!!

sakura

Well, they're rich celebutards, so they'll get a slap on the wrists. Maybe community service or house arrest. Must be nice!

hihat

This oculdn't have happened to a nicer abuser! I hope another incarcerated citizen will see what kind of contraband this jerk of all jerks can take up his ass...

Victoria

The kid looks like Lyle Lovett

kim

God! What a couple of losers!

kim52

Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe the dad here is doing meth. More likely it was the kids stash. I think Ryan would be doing coke don't you if he was getting caught. Why would he smoke some street junk. Why don't they go to church like good Irish folk and turn it around.

Ziggy

What a surprise!! I'm shocked, NOT. Rich drugged up dynamic duo. Like father, like son. What now, a new reality show on E!

why?

I think this is so sad. I feel sorry for them both but especially Redmond. Addiction is a shi$$y disease and I wouldn't wish it on anyone{ well except maybe the republican nominee] but I digress. There are plenty of recovering addicts in hollyweird so why don't you get to 12 stepping these two because their lives are at stake. I think Redmond is cute by the way.

Barfalufugus

It's good thing that they have some money because both Ryan and Redmond will need to buy new teeth when the ones that they have now rot out of their heads.

Mellenfan

I always thought meth was the drug of choice for poor white trash, not rich hollywood trash. Either way, it's a killer and by the look of things, Dad already has one foot in the grave. So Sad!

hollywood resident

keep on cleaning all that hollywood trash up !!!!!!

Kitty

When are these idiot women going to wake up and realize what happens when you pick a drunk or a druggy to be your baby daddy? What the h*ll do you expect? And I have no sympathy for Farrah considering how she treated Tatum when she took up with Ryan and had him kick her out of the house when she was still a minor. I never liked Ryan and Redmond looks just like him. I never understood what anybody saw in Ryan Oneal...btw "Love Story" was the most idiotic movie I ever saw.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments