DJ AM -- Plane Crash Saved Me ... For Real

10/17/2008 1:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hard to believe, but the plane crash that nearly killed DJ AM and Travis Barker may actually have saved AM's life.

He tells People doctors at the burn center found a blood clot in his leg that could've killed him if it hadn't been treated. AM says the clot "could have traveled to my heart and I could have died" but docs put a filter in his vein and gave him blood thinners.

"I have a great deal of faith that everything happens for a reason," he says.

K

1. There is no God, or he would have saved all of the people. It's called fate. You aren't special, dude. Now go away.

Posted at 8:20AM on Oct 17th 2008 by LD

This comment contradicts itself. If there is no God, how did fate happen? Fate is an intelligent plan, so what is behind fate?

westvil1

this guy is a class act and clearly introspective.
barker on the other hand, flips of the paps and spews obscenities. what an ingrate.

Tangie

Yep, God saved a DJ and killed a pilot. That is definately someone I need to worship!

Belle

God didn't "kill" anyone. Some people pass on at certain times because it is their time to. Others survive because it's not their time to go. Like someone already mentioned, there's probably a reason or lesson behind it for those that survived -- perhaps to lead a better life. It's all really unknown, we'll find out when we're dead.

why?

DJAM you are the sh$$! Love ya dude! Eat veggies. Don't smoke cigarettes. Take fish oil pills. Pose nude, I'd like to see what God looks like naked!

Get Bent

1st off I couldn't care less about this guy but I don't think that's even a picture of him.

It looks like some over-sized cheekboned Mexican guy.

twinner60

this is tragic for all, surviors and those who died. hope the survivors hug family and friend.....ive been there i know....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2