Joy to Elisabeth - "I Will Burn You Down"

10/23/2008 4:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

And you thought things got hot on-air at "The View."

Things got so nuclear, according to a report on Defamer, after the show yesterday, Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck were screaming at one another. It started with a Hasselbeck comment about Joy shilling her stand-up show on-air, prompting some back and forth yelling that ended with Joy telling Elisabeth to "f**k off."

A "View" rep says the story is "completely ridiculous and untrue."

LILLYHEUER

ELIZABETH IS BEING BULLIED BY THE IGNORANT 4. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE VALUES ARE SO TILTED IN ONE DIRECTION. HOW CAN YOU CALL IT 'THE VIEW'. IT IS A BIASED VIEW. ALSO, JOY NEEDS TO TAKE SOME CALM DOWN PILLS AND STOP TANTRUMING. GROW UP LADIES AND JOIN THE REAL WORLD.

freedomisnotfree

O'reilly was right when he said with a name like joy how could she be sooo uptight

independentthinker

Excuse me, but I guess I don't get it. What does Elizabeth Hasselbeck being on Survivor have anything to do with it? Joy Behar is a "supposed" comediane, does that make her an expert on American politics? Whoppie Goldberg is a comeidane / actress and Sheree is an actress. They are on the show because they are personable (except for Behar) and offer differing opinions (usually). If Elizabeth wasn't on the show - you would be watching four women with the "same" view. How interesting would that be? I see good and bad in Obama and McCain - Can ALL of these women do the same - for once? If Behar belives that everything about Obama is good and everything about MCain is bad - why would I think that her opinion matters at all? She is a very rude, weird, weird person. At least the others act appropriate for tv. Behar offers no intelligent perspective on anything. The only way that she can "win" an argument is to talk over someone including the guests.

Lucy

I seriously can't watch this show anymore. I use to have it on my Tivo but after the way these witches disrespected John McCain when he was on it was the final straw. Like him or not no one deserves to be treated like that. I use to love Whoopi but have lost all respect. Joy is a big loud mouth who twitches all the time. I really can't hate on Sherri, I feel sorry for stupid people. And Barbara, well I was raised to respect the elderly.

Melissa

I don't watch Bill O, just excerpts picked up by other media markets. However, I loved that he told Frank off. I want to tell Barney Frank off. I'm voting for Obama but I hope there is an investigation into this financial crisis and that some kind of justice is given to people who trusted Barney Frank.

omggggggggggg2

why is Eliizabeth still on that show?????
she is the most annoying thing on tv

Tereza

Well, there are a few people who need to be replaced on the show. While I am NO fan of Elisabeth it's not because she is a far right republican... it's because she is a baseless idiot. A couple months ago all she did was defend how great Bush is and now she will barely speak his name because McCain is a legendary hero and walks on water. She is so one dimensional and incapable of making an actual valid self-thought case for her "view" that she just looks like a fool. I'm convinced she gets talking points from someone in her party line.

That being said who EVER thought it was a good idea to put three comedians on the panel? The show was originally a multi-Emmy winning reporter, a lawyer, a comedian and a young person. White, black, big mouthed Italian and Asian. Now we have black comedian actress, big mouthed Italian comedian, black comedian actress and idiot Elisabeth I designed this t-shirt myself??? They need to get someone on that panel with credibility!!!

G-Mom

Joy is so liberal she cannot be reasoned with. She is very rude and somehow thinks the viewers consider that funny. Well I don"t ... the only reason I tune in is to watch Elizabeth hold her own against the rest of them...HANG IN THERE GAL!!! If you leave... I stop "VIEWING"

freedomisnotfree

Joy is a raging lunatic

independentthinker

I am scared to death that someone with as little experience as Obama might possibly be elected as President of the USA. If you were going to hire someone to run a large corporation - would you hire someone with very little experience or someone with more than 30+ years experience? Barrack Hussien Obama is very charming and well spoken. That does not mean he would make a good president. PLEASE think about your vote. Let Obama gain more experience and prove himself to the american people before you elect him to the most powerful position in the world. We missed the boat when Mike Huckabee did not win the nomination. Huckabee in 2012!!!!

buh-bye weiner party!

Joy has turned into a very bitter and delusional old crone in her waning years. It's really sad to see someone who is so old and probably close to death behave in such a childish way -- pouting and throwing temper tantrums every day. Her daughter ought to have her checked for early onset dementia, because her bahavior is not normal (even for a hypocritical, talentless phony like Joy).

MaxineLLCoolJ

Please cancel this show! Babs and Joy try to pass themselves off as having talent? No one else is entitled to an opinion? And NO I am NOT a Republican! Nor am I a fan of Elisabeth's or do I watch the show anymore. These fools don't know how to conduct themselves in an adult manner!

MaxineLLCoolJ

Brendolyn

I am so sick and tired of Elisabeth not being allowed to state her opinion without the others interrupting and shouting her down. It's so unbalanced at that table that it's ridiculous. Elisabeth is the lone Republican and yes, she's very conservative but so what? The sad part is that she's never allowed to finish her thoughts because everyone else jumps in with their snarky comments. Joy is the worst of the lot. As a comedienne, Joy's sarcastic wit is fabulous but at that table it's just bitchy and mean-spirited. She needs to learn when to shut up. Barbara has become painful to watch as she treats Elisabeth like a bad schoolgirl. If I were Elisabeth I'd tell her to bug off. Barbara has humiliated her time and again on the show and that's just wrong and very unprofessional. The show has gotten hard to watch and I'll be very glad when the election is long over.

buh-bye weiner party!

Aunt Lenore is bitter because she is completely overshadowed by Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd every day. What's even sadder is that this is in spite of the fact that she even has some old tool who works for her writing her lame "jokes" that she makes "spontaneously" on that trainwreck of a show. She's the only person on tv who is more cringe-inducing to watch than that crypt keeper Larry King.