McCain Backer Attacked, Mutilated in Pittsburgh

10/23/2008 7:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ashley ToddHere's what went down with the McCain/Palin supporter who was allegedly attacked in Pennsylvania last night.

According to Pittsburgh cops, around 9:30 PM last night, Ashley Todd was robbed after she went to the ATM. The victim says during the robbery, the assailant saw the McCain/Palin sticker on her car and became "enraged." He struck her and knocked her down, and allegedly carved a "B" on her cheek.

The assailant is still at large. Police tell us all they have is a description -- a man, 6'4", with dark skin and dark clothes.

A McCain spokesman confirmed to TMZ Todd volunteered in McCain's Pennsylvania office.

UPDATE: Anthony Pugliese, Pennsylvania state chair of the College Republican National Committee (of which Todd is a member), tells TMZ, Todd is "shaken up" but is doing OK. Prior to the attack, Todd was doing phone banking at one of the McCain offices.

jo ann

36. 25. Oh joann, your intelligent response just blew me away. How old did you say you are - 12?

I'm 13 and a democrap!!

Posted at 4:59PM on Oct 23rd 2008 by joann

I forgot to tell you that I work for Acorn too!!

AMB

Thank you LOL. It's nice to know I am not the only one here who follows the actual news.

jeezlouise

POST ELECTION LOOTING..... HAHA- IT WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN.

Tired of Idiots

Guys, seriously. ENOUGH WITH THE FEAR TACTICS. I am an Obama supporter. Voted for him over two weeks ago in Georgia. I am not scared of McCain or Palin. I don't think that they will do as good of a job running the country as Obama, but I am not scared of them, I don't hate them, I don't wish ANY ill will towards them or their supporters and I don't believe everything that I read about McCain/Palin. The fact is the world is not going to end as a result of who becomes our President this year, even though it may seem like it to some of you fanatics. I implore you ALL, please stop the fear mongering. Focus on the issues and vote your interest.

nanner36

Fake.

patti

#2, #13 you are right on... THIS IS WHAT IS GONNA COME TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANIMALS.............

M

Stop it with you racism!!! Several Obama supporters have been attack too, in recent weeks and months, all in separate incidents. But I notice, conveniently, that the race of the attackers, nor the victims, was mentioned...not did TMZ report the on these stories, including an ABC camera man being attacked by crowds at a McCain/Palin rally...and a man being brutally attacked on the street for wearing a pro-Obama T-shirt!!!

Now why would a story like this be hitting the presses just 2 weeks before the election??? Race baiting, that is why...and a clear attempt to try to influence the vote in the last remaining days of the election cycle!!! Have some morals for once. These attackers, in all these cases, are sick, regardless of political leanings or color. A responsible way to report this story is to talk about all of the attacks that both parties have experienced, like the shooting death of a man who was running one of Obama's campaign offices some weeks ago and McCain campaign office having been targeted for crime!!! Get the balance right with your reporting!!!

ddberry

Why a "B"? Was he trying to write Obama using her mouth for the O? Or was this dark skinned individual referring to the candidate as "Bama"...

Mike L

ABOUT THE MCCAIN CAMPAIGN PROPAGANDA COMMENTS, I MISTAKENLY REFERRED TO #6 (OR SOMETHING GOT DELETED) -- I WAS TALKING ABOUT #5 - BEGINS WITH "This is just terrible" - CHECK IT OUT.

mel

Sadly, this doesn't shock me at all. I am surprised there hasn't been more of this. Too bad it won't make national news, since the media's main job is to protect their godly Obama. This is a sign of things to come. People should really look at what they are voting for before casting their ballot. Obama brings out the radicalism in his supporters and it will only get worse with him in the White House.

gina

This is absolutely outragous.... This country was based on freedom and christianity and if someone can not proudly show who they support in this election without being assaulted then what does that say about our country. I do believe that this IS what we have to look forward to however if obama is elected.... Exspecially since he does veiw our nation as a christian nation any longer.. May GOD be with us all!!!!! (THE ONE AND ONLY!!!)

Adrienne

Posted at 5:00PM on Oct 23rd 2008 by this is your Obama people!
-----------------------------------
Did you see the list of donors for McCain

Same thing there too,

Daffy Duck
Mr.T
etc........

jane

This story has made me very angry. I feel so sorry for this woman. If WE think this is the last of this. Think again. I live in Georgia. NOBODY has any SIGNS, PLACARDS ON THEIR CARS. NOTHING. TENSION IS VERY HIGH. I HAVE ONLY LIVED IN THE SOUTH FOR 3 YEARS. THERE IS A DIFFERENT MINDSET HERE. THIS IS ALSO THE FIRST TIME I WON'T PUT UP ANY SIGN AT MY HOUSE.

THERE'S GOING TO BE CHANGE ALRIGHT. IT ISN'T GOING TO BE GOOD. THERE IS SO MUCH HATE AND RACISM COMING FROM BOTH SIDES NOW.

FOR THIS WOMAN'S SAKE. I PRAY SHE WILL RECOVER EMOTIONALLY FROM THIS.

paloma for Obama

This is just horrible! I'm an Obama supporter, and had my sticker ripped off my car.

These people, whether Democrat or Republican, have mental issues.

Are you kidding me?

I agree with #48. People are saying the most hateful on this site, especially about Obama. His race, religious background (even tho he's Christian) and relatives have nothing to do with his views and politics. We are a country of many different people, and it's FINE if someone other than a typical white male is running for office. Seriously, I wonder who are all these lunatics crying terrorism and using fear tactics? You have a voice, it's your vote, and you don't need to spread hate all over this blog.

If you'd ever take a moment to look at Bush's relatives, you will find many Brittish people in power, and the one goal of the New World Order. If you want to use fear tactics, it goes both ways.