No Saving Titanic Survivor from David Gest

10/24/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Surviving the Titanic is nothing compared to being mauled by Liza Minnelli's hex-husband David Gest.

Millvina Dean, 96, is the last living survivor of the Titanic disaster and had her self-preservation skills tested when Gest when in for a wet one.

Despite his creepy self, Gest actually did some good by presenting Millvina with a check after hearing she was selling off her Titanic items to pay for nursing home costs.

artie help

that guy rulz.

al loanese

tHE oLD lADY BETTER WATCH OUT...THIS HOMO MARRIES OLD LADIES FOR THEIR MONEY.....HELL LET THIS OLD LADY BEAT HIM LIKE LIZA DID! UGLY HOMO

Vintage '51

Millvina Dean quote: "Here-take my stuff and please don't touch me. I've been traumatized enough in my life".

Water

Publicity whore

paloma for Obama

No matter what anyone thinks of him, he made a kind and meaningful gesture, and for that he should be commended.

Kudos to Gest!

DS

As much as I am terrified to look at this fellow...good for him! THAT is a noble thing to do.

Ih8k8

#5, he may have made a kind and meaningful gesture, but he also made sure a camera was there to record it. As an aside, what in heck does he have on? Isn't he a little long in the tooth to be dressed like that? He looks silly, like he's trying too hard.

chincho

What a wonderful thing...
I wish I could read good news more often.
Although he looks very Creepy...

fry

What a great deed! And SUCH humbleness! It's nice she didn't have to sell her stuff, though. Does she have any kids to support her?

stop the madness

People should help her out give donations even if thier small.She is living history.By the way funny story Voice Of Reason post4

Niki

I agree... I think it is a sad thing that she should have to sell those items. Whether or not your like him, he has done something really generous and kind.

Kenny is Gay

Dear Voice of Reason:
Sit down and pour yourself a big glass of shut the hell up.

Niki

Kevin #10, you are disgusting! Why is it that if someone doesn't like Obama then they must be "against the black man"? That is stupid! I don't know who I am going to vote for but I guarantee that the problems I have with Obama is NOT his color. I don't like Obama because of his socialist ideas. I don't want to have to bust my butt so that somebody else can sit on theirs and take my money. On the other hand, I am terrified of McCain's healthplan.

I don't think EITHER candidate actually cares about me. I work hard to pay my bills. I do not need Obama comming and taking my money and redistributing it to other people. I could just as easily decide to keep my butt at home with my son and take someone else's money. Let them work to pay me for a change... right?

Ugh! We are in trouble no matter who wins this election.

Barfalufugus

I think it was kind of him to do (whatever his reasons are for doing it). Here was an elderly woman with nothing left and even though I think David is a whack job and scary to look at, he did the right thing in helping someone when they truly needed it. It's a shame that the elderly are not treated as well in America as they are treated in other countries. I didn't say that to spark a political debate, so don't take it that way. I just think that it is nice that there is somebody willing to help another person out when they need help.

Barfalufugus

Oh, and SHE was the prettier of the two of them. Wig and all!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments