Mysteries and Twists

In Hudson Murders

10/25/2008 10:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 7-year-old nephew of Jennifer Hudson is still missing. The suspect in the murders of her mother and brother is in custody. And there are several interesting twists.

William Balfour, the estranged husband of Hudson's sister, Julia, is in custody but isn't talking. In a cryptic statement, a Chicago PD spokeswoman said investigators are talking to "a number of people in custody." She didn't explain further.

Cops say at least one of the victims had defensive wounds, which led them to believe the shootings involved domestic violence.

Here's the most interesting thing -- neighbors in the area who know the family well say a few weeks ago a family member tried stealing a car, which triggered a heated argument in which the would-be thief promised revenge. No one was named specifically, but Balfour spent nearly 7 years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possession of a stolen vehicle.

On Julia's MySpace page, recently posted a picture of Jason (one of the victims) in a vehicle. The caption below reads, "Jason picking up my ass from work, cause William bitch ass sold my car."

MyTwoCents

What I want to know is if people reportedly heard shots fired at the home at 9am, why is it that no one called 911 immediately?

Tangie

I wouldn't be surprised if ol Jenny put the hit out on them herself. They were prolly draining her with their drug habits. Most family killings are for this reason. Somebodies dealing and didn't get paid and they kidnap a kid to leave a message.

starnthamaking

This is realy sad and hard to swallow. What makes it even worse is that an innocent 7 year old boy probably witnessed the murders of his uncle and grandmother and has to live with this image for the rest of his life. I pray that the boy is returned safely and that they nail the bastards that did this.

whatever

The caption below the picture yesterday read "cause William STOLE my car". I see today it changed to "sold my car". And Julia was online yesterday evening according to some other comments in here, making changes to her page.

Team Kim

Crazy!! Prayers are with you Jennifer...I am so very sorry for you loss

neisha

sooo sad.

anna

This whole family sounds like a mess.

starnthamaking

to Kels
what type of person are you to write such a thing during such a tragic event. To assume she had her own mother and brother killed and nephew kidnapped. You must be a lonely pathetic person.

starnthamaking

Julias myspace page pictures show a picture of Jennifer Hudson and the suspect William Balfour standing together with caption stating "childhood playmates."

Tracy

I hope that little boy is even alive.... last nite it said sold my car as well... i think you may of misread that. I hope they are not going to hold that chid ransom.

justice is served

It said "sold" yestereday, and it says "sold" today. Someone, #3, appears to have dyslexia.

Wally

Please People...Stop Black on Black Crime....Please Vote for McCain!...He will Stop it!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

VOTE OBAMA VOT OBAMA VOTE OBAMA VOTE OBAMA VOTE OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO, GO BACK TO AFRICA!!!!

Jeanski

This is really sad. If they have their suspect, where can the little boy be? I pray that he is found safe and sound. I also went to their myspace pages and they seem like really down to earth close family. The only one that didnt fit in was the husband (Balfour). My thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer Hudson, her sister Julia and the little boy. I hope that they can solve this soon.

shebakescheesecakes.com

This whole story is sad. Hopefully they find the little boy alive and well. Oh and voting for McCain is not going to solve this problem Helen Toot Toot.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments