Supermodel Iman

Good Genes or Good Docs?

10/26/2008 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As a supermodel Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid Bowie, aka Iman, knows how to give good face, but is it all hers?

Iman
Here's the 20-year-old Somalian beauty at the beginning of her career in 1975 (left) -- and the 53-year-old version at a NYC event on Thursday (right).

Apparently, aging is not in this season.

More Good Genes or Good Docs:

Nuff_Said

#12 stop lying black actesses want to be white with all the extentions and implants and skin bleaching nose jobs eye contacts of blue, so dont kid youself...anyway they have to try and do things to look white because as soon as black men become successful they go after white women...so explain that one...eg: tiger woods ice tea need i go on

2097 days ago

LA

I would never guess that this is the same person if they didn't say so...

2097 days ago

Ridingdiva

She did NOT bleach her skin, #10. I am biracial and I am waaaaaaaaaaay lighter now than I was when I was younger. I was in the sun all of the time and became much darker. As an adult, I stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen so I am lighter. I look like I am a totally different color now than when I was a child. Another factor is that in the 70's, there were hardly any black models. They did not even make make-up in her color. She either did her own make-up or had a crappy artist do the best they could with the rotten make-up that they had. Imans' presence in the modeling industry instilled a great deal of esteem and racial pride in black women worldwide. She is a role model and a class act. She is proud to be who she is and would never bleach her skin. She currently has a make-up line made for ethnic skin. Tyra, Naomi, and all of the black models of today should not only thank Iman, they should learn a thing or two from her.

2097 days ago

NatTurner

Ignorant white people do not know that "black does not crack"

2097 days ago

TD

"black does not crack" but they do smoke a lot of crack

2097 days ago

unknown

Its because of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.
David Bowie is, like, totally out there; like, wow, man.
He's like ultra-dimensional, and multi-temporal.
Like, the here is now, but then, it was, but yet to be will happen; isn't it.

2095 days ago

Watchman

It is always about race anymore, it don't matter about what color she is. If there was no name on the bottom, aleast I woudn't know who it was the same person period.

2010 days ago

Terra

her neck remains fantastically prominent. her hair in the early picture is fantastic, i hope she hasn't destroyed it with that model sticky hair. you do not take into account that she was in a horrible auto accident between the first and last picture that required facial reconstructive surgery. it could be a combo of good docs and good genes but wow, the woman looks great!

copper

SHUT UP TMZ...funny real funny..you left something out...on purpose...Iman was in a life-threating car accident in the seventies...everybody who knows anything about her knows all about it, and she showed the before and after on Donahue!! THEY CHANGED AND FIXED ALOT...she looks great so TMZ...your wasting time...

Stanley

Black Dont Crack!

sue

I am Somali and I am waaaaay darker in the summer than I am in the winter. In fact, I have pictures that look exactly like Imanes in terms of the skin colour…..yes colour, as I am Somali Canadian:). Also, the fact that her bone structure looks different is clearly a result of her accident back in the seventies…… So STOP the BS TMZ….Somalis are f*ing HOT

sue

amp

Thank you Adrienne and not2breckonedwith for your comments. In 1975 there were not much cosmetics if any specifically designed for black women or women of color. Who knows if she had some cosmetic surgery done? That's between her and her surgeon and if she did, the surgeon is top notch. However, her make-up and skin care line Iman is great and the foundations and powders can match a wide array of tones. Am sure she uses her own products and they do work!

natalia

somalians one of the perverties of africa, the stich their vaginas that is why they like to **** in back side, they are lesbians too. and the neigboring perverts like kenya and tanzania love them for that. black are no different from whites. i thought before that black people are angels, bad for me i know the opposite now.

KV

Hello! how bout that nose being totally different??

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments