Julianne Hough Blasts Her Peeps Over Cyst

10/28/2008 3:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Julianne Hough just blogged her management wanted her to lie about her medical condition.

Hough says: "It turned out I ruptured a cyst that was on my ovary." But she claims "my management and the other people around me were trying to think of something else I could say that was wrong with me, but I was like, don't worry. I want to be a good role model."

Hough's future on this season's "Dancing with the Stars" is uncertain. She'll be operated on soon.

Trying too hard!!!

I had a burst ovarian cyst a few years back and OMG it is excruciatingly painful and I have a high threshold for pain. I have NO idea how she was able to dance last week as I could barely get out the ball I had curled myself into, plus a high fever to boot. I don't get the whole surgery thing as it just went away after a few days of bed rest. I wish her luck, she is my favorite pro by far and incredibly talented for being so young. Edyta will be a good stand-in for her, but I'll miss Julianne!

bettie

sorry Tara (#12 comment) but you are wrong on that account - it absolutely can be diagnosed without surgery; this i know as i was diagnosed myself without operating.

and my thougts on WHY her peeps wanted her to keep it secret? god forbid we should actually think the girl has OVARIES - it just amazes me that we hear about hemorrhoids, erectile disfunction, constipation, etc. all over TV, but oh, my god, to actually refer to a girl's ovaries????

Alexa

Hopefully all she needs is antibiotics. I had surgery but I was dealing with a bunch of idiots in the hospital who kept insisting it was my appendics. I kept telling them that I had a cyst on my ovary but they were determined to do their thing. I'm with NO-BAMA on this one. The pain is excruciating. It makes me wonder if that's what she really had.

Let It Be

From all that I've been able to observe; Julianne Hough is a charming, delightful, highly gifted and genuinely good of heart , human being.

Julianne's personal sense of humility aways shines thru - This is what clearly, seperates her from all the rest.

May God speed!

D

STOP THE PRESSES!

Julianne has something else to say! Call the media. Quickly now......

Flash that fake smile and the 'sweet as pie' charisma and tell everybody about your cysts.

Bea

I had the same problem and was embarrassed to talk about it. I was afraid people would think it was caused by an STD It really is nice to know I'm not alone.

kat

I don't get it. What's there to operate on?? I've had multiple ovarian cysts rupture (at least 7 that I recall) and not one doctor recommended surgery. Sure you lay around in pain for about 72 hours (yes, it is unbelieveable pain) and then it goes away. Me thinks the PR machine is looking for sympathy.

kat

#19 it is you that is wrong. Doctors can not diagnose endemetreosis without some sort of laproscopic surgery. I too had Doctors tell me that was my problem without the requesite screening surgery and they were WRONG. Six months later, I have over 11 inches of my colon removed. If your Doctors told you that, I would be suspect.

Boycott Canadian Seafood

OUCH! I've had this happen to me too. It is extraordinarily painful! I don't know how she was able to dance. I had the same treatment as #17, just several days of bed rest while the fluid reabsorbed into my system. But wow! It hurt! Julianne, I don't know how you did it, girl. I could barely walk.

JMO

I'm Back Biatches

I had a cyst four months ago rupture on my ovary and God above...the pain was awful. You go girl, tell young women the things they should be aware of. No shame in your game. I am proud of you!!!!

Nostradamus

Obama, take note from her on honesty!

on another hand, it is not fair....it is like asking an elephant to lose weight

Amazed at your stupidity!!!

na

How does having an ovarian cyst make one a role model? Is she growing the cyst for charity?

Dee-light

RE: 26. I've had ovarian cysts all my life. When one "ruptures" yes it hurts. but I never (in 55 yrs) had to have surgery for it. I was having lower right abdomenal pain about 5 yrs ago and they did a Laprascotomy (spelling?) to look around in there. they found a small quarter sized endo spot and removed it. No problems other than the normal cysts on ovaries. They removed the Endo & put me on hormones for the cysts. No big deal. Is she or is she not having the appendix removed?

Posted at 11:29PM on Oct 28th 2008 by JMO
**********************************************************************************************************************
OMG! I remember when I was in college doing a a show and one of the dancers was cryng during her solo and was rushed to the hospital immediately after. THe next day we were told she had an ovarian cyst. A couple of years later, I started having these wierd pains and I just KNEW it was cysts or fibroids, but FIVE doctors never saw anything (so they said). Finally a few years ago I was on tour and was literally curled into the fetal position, paralyzed with pain. Luckily there was an MD on tour with us, and he thought I had appendicitis. Well it turned out I had a cyst busrting on my ovary. It was only 2.5 cm.(abouat the size of a kidney bean!) They said it was too small to have surgery and that birth control pills would shrink it over time. That being said, I still needed a morphine drip while I was in the ER. After that, cysts would reform about every 2-3 months and would invariably bring on vomiting and blacking out if I didn't take meds at the first twinge.

So for those of you who say no big whup, well, smell you! Would you tell a person with second degree burns not to got to the hospital just because YOU survived third degree burns? NO. Pain is pain and it is also relative. Besides, you don't know her life.

RE: 29. Bed rest does not cure all ovarian cysts!!! I had a large cyst that grew to the size of a grapefruit within a few days and removal was the only option. Along with the extreme pain came repeated vomiting, vertigo and faint. If that cyst would have burst it would have poisoned my system. Surgical removal was the only option!!!

Posted at 12:46AM on Oct 29th 2008 by Amazed at your stupidity!!!
Yeah, people, including some doctors I have seen, tried to make it seem like I was being dramatic and hysterical about my pain. I'm sorry you had the same symptoms I have, but I'm glad to know someone else can attest to all the crap that goes with cysts.

Ladies, don't be embarrassed or quiet. You know your body better than anyone else. If you think something's wrong go the the doctor or get a secong opinion or third. Whatever it takes until your mind, and body, are at ease. Don't let some chick you don't even know talk you out of the possibility of having children (if you are so inclined) or saving yourself years of unneccessary(sp?) pain.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments