Hangin' Palin Off the Hook, Flamin' John Stays

10/30/2008 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Effigy-gate is dead, just a day after it began.

The couple who hung up a Sarah Palin mannequin off the side of their West Hollywood house have taken the pseudo-Sarah down, after city officials put heat on them. They'd gotten an incredible amount of attention -- and anger -- from around the world for the Halloween-themed display.

Chad Michael Morrisette tells the LA Times he decided to take down the hanging Sarah after meeting with WeHo mayor Jeffrey Prang. He's leaving up the flaming John McCain, however.

tom

This is wrong. What would happen if it were Obama and Biden?

Reverend Ramona

I'm an Obama supporter who has found nothing to admire about Sarah Palin, but I think it's disgusting that anyone would do this as a gag. Show a little class and stop putting ammunition in the hands of the candidates you don't support.

Thatsgross

In this day and time we should be above this type of display. Have we learned nothing from the past. Hate is hate and this should be viewed as a hate crime just like it would have if it had been another candidate. You don't have to agree with Mrs. Palin but you are shouldn't be able to make light of crime like this man is doing. This is going to far!

Kay

I can't stand Palin, but this was worse than bad taste. Is it even legal? If they want to hang something they can buy a plastic skeleton.

baby

IF THAT PERSON PUT AN OBAMA DUMMY UP THERE AND A NOOSE AROUND HIS NECK, OMG! THE RACIAL CARD WOULD BE HEARD ALL AROUND THE WORLD AND PEOPLE WOULD RIOT IN THE STREETS! HE WOULD HAVE EVERY BLACK SAYING IT WAS BECAUSE HE IS A BLACKMAN!

Mexicans Aren't Human

I hope the news media crawls up Chad Michael Morrisette's butt like they did Joe The Plumbers'. It appears in Ohio they've had unfettered access to government computers to research Joe. I'm sure there's going to be double standard.

right...

I agree with comment #3. If these people hung Obama with a noose they'd have every civil rights group out there on them and charges would be filed. These people are IDIOTS!

laff234

VOTEMCAIN- Some jerk already did have a obama dummy hunged up with a noose for Halloween and no blacks didn't riot you racist prick. Either way it's wrong. I don't know what the hell is wrong with these type of people, how can you call this crap "art"is beyond me.

Buckshot

censorship and christian oppression. The revolution starts now!

Melissa

The sherrif stated that it is poor taste but not a hate crime, however if they had hung Obama in effigy it would be a hate crime.

So now you know.

TMZ about three days late on this story.

Palin

Someone needs to head over to West Hollywood and hang a 'queen" and see how Chad and his "partner" react." If someone were to do this, it would be a hate crime, huh? Hanging an effigy of Sarah Palin, or anyone, is disgusting.

yummi26 - old school forever!!!

I understand freedom of speech, but people should know when to say when. I'm an Obama supporter, but I found the jest in extremely poor taste. Take the high road folks.

Shadowwolf

If it would have been an Obama dummy the press would have dug up everything about these peoples past and crucified them, and then they would be investigated by the Secret Service and arrested for a hate crime. Because we are ng shown that you can not question theONE! Obama will disarm you, tell you what temp to keep your house , and take your money and give it to whom he wishes. All bow to Lord Obama. Think I am joking? Let him become President.

not2breckonedwith

To put the likeness of ANYONE on a pole is hateful and tacky.

katieK.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs. I hope that old saying “time heals all wounds” is true because it's going to take an awful lot of time and forgiveness to get over the effects of this election. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments