Joaquin to Cash Out His Mansion

10/31/2008 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joaquin Phoenix isn't just retiring from Hollywood (**cough, BS, cough**) -- sources tell us, he's moving the hell out too!
Launch photos
We're told Joaquin just put his 3,200 sq. ft. Hollywood Hills home on the market through realtor.com. The four-bedroom, five-bath home comes with a swimming pool and a hot tub -- all for just $3,975,000.

Small price to pay to make sure there isn't a sequel to "The Village."

# 1 joaquin phoenix

I am going to be so sad to see Joaquin Phoenix leave the big screen. He is the most talented actor I have seen in a long time. I hear he is going to be focusing on his music now. He is very talented, I'm sure whatever he does he will suceed. The movies will not be the same without him.

# 1 joaquin phoenix

sweetipie

selling his house? the same week as he announces his "retirement" did you guys see that video, he was messed up.
This might sound crazy, but I hope he isisnt goign to try and off himself. Happy Halloween.

ValoHalo

He's focusing on his music career, #15. He's not going to off himself. I give him alot of respect for doing this, maybe he did what he wanted to do, and know music is his way to do so.

M-

Good for him...life is too short!

M-

Barfalufugus

I think he is a talented actor and I will be sad to see him go. I have enjoyed many of his movies and I like the fact that he has a mind of his own and does what he wants.

The house is really nice! I'd be happy hanging out there even if I was only there to clean the pool!

# 1 joaquin phoenix

Come on TMZ give this man credit, he has been in more movies than the village. He has had some pretty amazing roles in his career. Leave him alone & go report on something cheesy as usual. Isn't there a horse that needs to be rescued or Amy Winehouse smoking crack again or something?

just my input

to #5, love
thx ...I was just wondering...i love Jouaqin...very talented, very hot...good luck to him!

mti

Nice house, and VERY cheap!!! A house like that in Vanocuver, BC would cost nearly $10 million... wow!!! cheap cheap cheap....

MissyG

I couldn't believe it when I heard it. That really sux if he's not gonna be acting anymore. He's one of my faves. I hope he changes his mind.

Your'e Fired!

Great actor , but he is much more. He obviously is someone with character, substance. This place chews you up and spits you out, then walks over you. Hate California, double hate L.A.

Mawgly

The guys at RealScoop.com didn't really believe his retirement statement either. I for once am glad that no one is buying it as I really think he is a great actor and hope to see him in movins again soon,

T

Harvey, no one lists their house THROUGH or WITH Realtor.com. The property is listed with a Real Estate agent who inputs the property on the local Multiple Listing Service and Realtor.com uploads the info onto thier site from all MLS's thruout the country. Just saying...

John

Sloppy reporting, guys. This house has been on the market for MONTHS, listed by Hilton Hyland: http://hiltonhyland.com/address.php?property_ID=840.

Adrienne

16. #13 screw you that is a terrible thing to say about someone. Joaquin Phoenix is very smart, talented, & a genius. I know that he will suceed at whatever he does. I hope he returns to movies soon. He is a smart person for leaving that wierd ass town.

Posted at 11:38AM on Oct 31st 2008 by # 1 joaquin phoenix
--------------------------------
ok, he may be a good actor, but he is still a drug addict

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments