Avril Sucks on Stage

11/4/2008 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Everybody loves "I Love Rock and Roll" -- just not when Avril Lavigne's singing it.
Avril Lavigne: Click to watch
The pink-haired wannabe punk was coaxed on-stage by the badass guys from Steel Panther at the Key Club last night -- and quickly made us long for the days of Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson.

Mika

Well, she is KINDA punk rock... *snerk* She flips people off and spit at a guy once! Oooo... HARDCORE! lol

2087 days ago

wasted days and wasted nights

Avril had a good thing going with her punk-at-the-mall vibe. Somehow, it was all less complicated than whatever she is trying to be now.

2087 days ago

DALE

"sounds just like a weird al yankovick record" LMAO! Avril looks like a angry chipmunk lol! Too funny!

2086 days ago

darling nikki

good lord....she sounds like me on a drunken karaoke night. Do people actually still pay to see her in concert?

2086 days ago

deleta

I haven't seen anything that bad since Celine covered AC/DC.

2086 days ago

DALE

Jeez some people need to lighten up, she's drunk and letting loose and having FUN remember that word? it's not a professional performance, if people want to really here what Avril sounds like live check out "nobody's home" "when your gone" etc. live on youtube to hear her singing seriously.

2086 days ago

coral

I LOVED IT !!

2086 days ago

Juliets

WOW! I used to like Avril, and was proud to say she grew up VERY close to me. Then she just became a freaking sell out. I heard her sing live on some shows and things (never live) but that was the most terrible thing ever! I've heard people sing at karaoke better than that. Britney kicks her ASS there.
Based on that, if she can be a million dollar worth singer, then where the hell is my contract?!

2086 days ago

Ally

she was obviously drunk

2082 days ago

Michael Diamond Jr.

Steel Panther is AWESOME!!!! So Stoked they made it on TMZ. They play a local venue in San Diego an I get to see them all the time. They used to go by the name "Metal Skool" before that "Metal Shop," they cover all the best 80's rock tunes and there shows are hilarious. Let me just say Avril got off easy. They usually rip most chicks to shreds and leave the place in stiches. WTG guys, see you @ Typhoon on Wednesday!!!

2080 days ago

KD

Yeah...that was pretty awful....she was obviously drunk, ever since she turned 21, she's been about partying and drinking. Ugh, I hate this! I was her biggest fan since I was 6, now, it is hard to say I am still kinda a fan, well, of her older stuff. If she is going to make a new record, it better be like her 1st or 2nd album, because those were brilliant! Cut the crap, Avie.

2064 days ago

Tiffany

that was horrible, how is she still famous???
I went to one of her concerts a long time ago when she had her first cd out, and she sucked, her voice is definetly altered on the cd, cause she doesn't have a good voice at all.
And she's not punk, she's a little kiss ass princess who tried to act tough to get attention.
did you know she was discovered singing COUNTRY music...NOT ROCK!!
so that explains why she sucks so much

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2