Fidel Sues Obama Campaign

11/5/2008 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fidel Rodriguez wants change from Barack Obama -- the kind you take to the bank.
Barack Obama: Click to view!
In a lawsuit filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Rodriguez claims he sold $10,000 worth of postcards, paper flyers and other advertising materials to Californians for Obama and Californians for Change, but says he was stiffed out of the $4,740 balance.

We called the campaign for comment, but for some reason the phones have been busy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Gloria

"A Republican will be in the White House, again. There is NO WAY this country will elect a black man or a woman as President."
Posted at 8:04PM on Jan 21st 2008 by 561

and

"[Obama] The future President? What are you guys smoking?!!? Obama is going to lose in a landslide. The media cracks me up. Just wishing so doesn't make it so."
Posted at 11:07AM on Aug 25th 2008 by Lynne

... Care to say anything else, Lynne? Or, how about you, Mr. 561?!?!?! WHAT NOW?! Stupid know-it-alls

damn ur dumb

Yeah, because I'm sure that was their plan the whole time......stiffing someone out of a measly 4 grand. Somehow, I don't think this is the full story because 1) it does not sound right and 2) TMZ is reporting it.

Dev

Haha.. a lot of republicans are going to have to eat crow this week..

I'm bringing my camera...

Rosario

Theres more to this story then whats being told. I really doubt they would fight over $5000, especially since the campaign brought in a crazy amount of money.

But oh anyways, just got back from the rally in Chicago a little while ago and wow, it was crazy down there. But it was so worth it to just be there for a part of history, win or lose. Especially when his video montage came up, and you could just sense everyone's excitement. I'm just happy that the election is finally over and we can start moving past it.

egriffin

Why is this coming up now? I mean, I can see if it was $400,000 or even $40,000 but $4,000? That's almost chump change to sue over. Plus, like #2 said, there is probably more to this story than we know.

Just Sayin"

Let the drama begin!... Soon to be President Barack Obama just changed history as we knew it and here comes the craziness!
Shame on you TMZ..Barack Obama winning the presidency should have been the top story instead of this stupid nonsense about some $4,740!
Why is this just coming up now?
I suppose this is just only the beginning of haters coming out of the woodwork with more negativity about anything in regards to our new president.
It's truly time to move forward in this country and Barack O bama's win has proved just that.

P.S..It's no longer "We SHALL overcome for we HAVE overcome on this beautiful November 4, 2008!

CONGRATULATIONS TO PRESIDENT ELECT BARACK OBAMA AND TO ALL OF US PROUD AMERICANS WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE!

And to Mr. McCain... a heartfelt thank you for conceding with such grace, dignity and class...your speech in regards to Obama's win was wonderful and I have much respect for you...be blessed : )

blue pen

Now the backlash begins.

Loved the guys speech, but man is he a cold fish!

sweet

I'm so glad to have played a part in this historic election! Finally, hope is restored!

JJ

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR....

Tangie

You idiots who voted for this terrorist will regret it. This "man" is not what he seems. He bought this election. He is not truthful. He is not my president, now or ever!

DANCEorDIE

I agree with "not2breckonedwith" and "egriffin"...there has to be more to the story...it doesn't seem too clear.
I AM proud to call Barack Obama my President...FINALLY!...and, kudos to John McCain for giving an eloquent and classy speech. It was actually one cool thing McCain did throughout this entire thing.

jonalisa

FINALLY A PROUD DAY FOR THE USA. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdneal26

This is a story, but TMZ hasn't posted a story about Obama making history, or even just winning the election????

Bitter much, TMZ???

WHAT?

His mother is a white women from Kansas "Hello"

As far as the topic, give it a rest Fidel, this all just ended yesterday.

WHAT?

I'm happy that we have an interracial president, now maybe the other 1/2 will get off the pot'a.

I'll take credit for the brain-half, just say'n

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments