Stone Cold -- Slingin' a Can of Whoops

11/5/2008 5:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This is what happens when Stone Cold Steve Austin punches you in the face ... for real.

Stone Cold accidentally clocked MMA fighter Paul Lazenby while filming a movie called "Damage." Steve felt so badly about throttling Lazenby's face and giving him black eyes and a broken nose, he mugged for this shot of the two of them -- sling, ice pack, and all. Austin, needless to say, wasn't actually hurt.

Lazenby tells TMZ, "I want to stress that this was NOT a case of negligence or incompetence, just one of those things that can happen even between skilled performers when they're swinging their fists at one another. I don't blame Steve at all."

"He just made a mistake that even the best stunt performers can make (and one of which I'm certainly not innocent). As a guy who's been a stuntman for eight years and a pro wrestler/fighter for 17, I think that I'm a fair judge of ability in those areas and I still rate Steve extremely highly as a film fighter and overall performer. I'd work with him again anytime."

So now you know.

sean bateman

These guys look like they just got home from a gay rave.

cowbulls

Stone Cold is the man.

Booger McGee

It's about time we see this in Hollywood. These two guys are acting like real men should.

Anywhere and anyone else this would have turned into a $14M lawsuit. It's good to see when something like this happens they apologize, walk it off, and shake hands and get back to work. Class acts - both of them.

John

Stone Cold DID beat up his ex-wife Debra though on purpose.

Booger McGee

Man, I didn't know that John! It's terrible to feel proud about how someone behaved in one way only to find a dark other side on another. So disappointing.

niles

I don't know about all that, but these two guys are way hot together.

SNOWBABY

STONE COLD JUST KEEPS GETTING HOTTER AND HOTTER!!! I WOULDN'T MIND WRESTLING WITH HIM.

haydee

I am not a religious person but.... GOD HELP ME!!! DAMN STEVE IS AMAZINGLY HOT!!!
I just have to say... anytime anywhere baby!!!!!!!

Jan

This is a movie where Laura Vandervoort is going to star in! Aong with Stone Cold!! Interesting article.

oooooh hoooooooo!