Oprah to ABC: It's Not You, It's Me

11/8/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OprahLady Oprah has finally grown past the relationship she has with ABC, and now may be ready to do her own thing.

Reports have surfaced saying Oprah will be joining forces with Discovery Communications to form the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) which promises a brand new potpourri of fuzzy, cuddly, safe for everyone programming that tests high in both heart-warming and heart-wrenching categories.

David Zaslav, Discovery's president and CEO says, "The expectation is that after [the 2010-11 season] her show will go into syndication, and she will come to OWN."

Harpo Productions responded saying, "While David Zaslav's comments are true that Oprah's current contract to produce 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' will expire in 2011, she has not made a final decision as to whether she will continue her show in syndication beyond that."

Hatenoboma

Oprah is a one woman bitch fest. I do not get why any one would aspire, look at read here book listen to her condesending voice. She's nothing but a big ol BITCH. She got all her liittle groupies that don't have minds of there own to vote for Noboma. All she has to do is tell her little morons to do something and they do it now questions asked. It's a shame that she say one thing and then does another. The only good thing is that if Noboma has his way with TAXES she gonna be paying a whole lot more. But what a few mor hundred thousand when you have Gazillions. Some one need to get and Noboma at the same time that would be poetiec justice

Rhonda

The ridh don't pay taxes. Rahm Emanuel, Obama first appointment from Chicago, of course. He and his wife, Amy Ruhl pay no taxes on their mansion because it is deemed to be a "foundation" People are so stupid, they voted for hope and change, Obama still hasn't said what the change will be. Anyway these idiots jumped up and down when he said he was gonna grow the economy from the bottom up instead of Reagans ""trickle down" besides welfare worker or community organizer or drug dealer. Anybody got a good job from a welfare recipient lately? Oprah I'm sure is a foundation and pays as little as possible on her mansions. Welcome back Rev Wright, the "first ho" as been asking for you. she needs spiritual counseling!

len

Betsy_________iObama was elected tues, but it is not over___________it has JUST BEGUN !!! get used to it. Loved your comment Toby Christenson & independent woman.. Obama has already made his first public apology. Small potatatoes, or should I say, "cotton pickin", compared to what he will apologize for in the future. I am going to sit back & watch the show/ I have nothing to lose, but I do feel sorry for those of you who did not vote for the Anti- Christ, but are stuck with him., & his she-man wife. He is not loyal, he will betray anyone who stands in his way, Being Black is not a free ticket with him..He has used you, you have served your purpose.

who cares

hey Obama, I hope you keep your promise to spread the wealth around...you should start with your dearest friend Oprah and we will all be okay. I already put my resignation from my work for January 21. I assume that it is when you are going to start disbursing the wealth, right? Good

I can't wait until I don't have to pay my mortgage, gas, health....etc.

VIVA OBAMA!!!!!

Nostradamus

her mouth looks like a "butt" hole

Nostradamus

"You Can,t Touch Me" #51:
WELL SAID

Rosalee

I don't get what the complaint is against ABC; Winfrey is not on ABC...........
She ought to move along in her New Age movement and Discovery sounds like a good option or
how about The Learning Channel?
Oh but wait!!! Will she be able to snag all those corporate sponsors who provide all that free giveaway
stuff her fans all clamor for???

Nostradamus

For some reason after the election of Obama I feel weird about this country. Maybe because I am fearful of his "actual" plan and feel that this country won't be the same anymore. I am afraid that we will lose our freedom , the commodities, the organization that exist in this country compared to other countries, etc...but most of all, our national security.

I was just reading on the news today that AL Quaida already sent a threatening message to Obama about removing the troops from Irak or pay the consequences........so there you go. Now they are puting the pressure on Obma since they feel he is one of them. They also have no respect for democrats . Just think that since 9/11 we haven't had any threatened messages like that, and it was because those terrorists are fearful of the republicans.

And YES! I value my life more than the commodities

Bunzer

OMG I am SICK of this woman!!! SHe's a freaking TALK SHOW HOST !!! If she really wants to talk the talk and walk the walk, I suggest she give up about $900 million of her dollars to help her Messiah Obama help all these poor down and out people. THey don't seem to mind thinking the other wealthy people shouldn't be able to keep their money, so why doesn't she give up some of her millions.

Proud American

********BARACK OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT**************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowwhite

58. First of all, if you bigots want to pretend to be "real" African-Americans, don't be so obvious! No matter what the topic is, you bigots find a way to put Obama, in it. Your theory's don't even make sense to you, let alone, anyone with an ounce of common sense. Why must you show case you jealously, every chance you get? You can't stand to see smart, successful, productive, African-Americans. You try with all your might to put them down, because there better than you. You could have possibly risen to their level, if you weren't too busy playing in the woods under your sheets. None of you, are worth the dirt on the bottom of Oprah's shoe! Oh yeah

Posted at 8:32PM on Nov 8th 2008 by kiss oprah's azz!

How much did Noprah pay you for this comment??

stupid women & the religious right

Ugh, this thread REEKS of nasty, ignorant, white supremacy.. and I'm white. It's cool that you don't like Oprah, I'm not a fan, myself. Don't use EVERY thread to bitch about our country or the "scary" new direction we are going in. If you really were fine with the giant hole Bush dug us into.. then there's ALOT more wrong with you than your blatant racism with the protection of anonymity from the internet. You idiots are the saddest bunch of imbred hillbillies to come near a computer.. possibly ever. and BTW.. not one person, black or white, looks more like a damn MONKEY than George W. Bush.. suck it, losers!

Twinker

Anyone that starts or even comtemplates starting their own "religion" has become either extremely narcissistic due to a bevy of "yes" people or is just plain nuts.

ilovetheshowmadmen

I quit Oprah YEARS ago.. all she does is interrupt her guests, name drop, and acts like she was born into royalty.. I have said this many many times.. SHE would be the very reason I would NOT vote for Obama,,, but Sarah Palin scared me into reality... So I am OK with Barack.. and this actual topic is not about our President... it is about a very annoying racist black woman who has more money than she will ever need... but the one thing she can not buy IS BEING WHITE. Oprah is very racist against white people.. and she will never fit into the white hierarchy... thus, the bitterness and racism on her part. I am from Illinois and please note, her claim to fqme is Mississippi.. not out beautiful midwestern state and our even MORE flamboyant Chicago IL! OPRAH, instead of going to a different network, please go to Africa and build a house next to that school you built... and stay there PLEASE~~

.............

Good Lord, Can anyone critisize Oafra and Barrack without being called racists. I guess anytime someone disagree with his policies now or in the future they will be racists. The MSM is in for a real treat.